Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Maserati | Alfa Romeo | General Italian (https://teamspeed.com/forums/maserati-alfa-romeo-general-italian/)
-   -   The Five-Door Maserati Quattroporte (https://teamspeed.com/forums/maserati-alfa-romeo-general-italian/1780-five-door-maserati-quattroporte.html)

DJ 02-13-2008 09:16 AM

The Five-Door Maserati Quattroporte

3 Attachment(s)
Looks like StudioM, the specialty tuner and car design firm in Italy, will be assembling a highly modified wagon version of the Maserati Quattroporte saloon for a Middle Eastern Sheikh. Accroding to Nu.nl, the model has not yet advanced beyond a 1:4 scale version.

In order to build the apparently extra-large five door, with new positioning for the front and rear seats, the fuel tank would need to be moved and the car would need to be extended. Changing the external dimensions of the car would also require modifications on the glass as well. White up top, black at the bottom, and gold accents all around, there is not a shred of humility included in this mod.

Currently nicknamed the "Cinqueporte", a full production version by Maserati will most likely not happen. Upon hearing about the five-door, Maserati officials reacted with repulsion, demanding that the signature Trident logo be removed from the grille and sent back to the automaker.

StudioM is waiting for approval from the Middle Easterner to begin production. The Sheikh has reportedly conducted a similar indignity by converting a Ferrari into a station wagon.

People of the world who have too much money to spend: unite and send it to us! We at WorldCarFans promise you we will do a better job burning your cash on cars than you.

Craigger 02-13-2008 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 26080)
Looks like StudioM, the specialty tuner and car design firm in Italy, will be assembling a highly modified wagon version of the Maserati Quattroporte saloon for a Middle Eastern Sheikh. Accroding to Nu.nl, the model has not yet advanced beyond a 1:4 scale version.

In order to build the apparently extra-large five door, with new positioning for the front and rear seats, the fuel tank would need to be moved and the car would need to be extended. Changing the external dimensions of the car would also require modifications on the glass as well. White up top, black at the bottom, and gold accents all around, there is not a shred of humility included in this mod.

Currently nicknamed the "Cinqueporte", a full production version by Maserati will most likely not happen. Upon hearing about the five-door, Maserati officials reacted with repulsion, demanding that the signature Trident logo be removed from the grille and sent back to the automaker.

StudioM is waiting for approval from the Middle Easterner to begin production. The Sheikh has reportedly conducted a similar indignity by converting a Ferrari into a station wagon.

People of the world who have too much money to spend: unite and send it to us! We at WorldCarFans promise you we will do a better job burning your cash on cars than you.

Seriously, it should stay that way. The quirky, yet flowing lines of the Sedan work wonderfully, whereas this is a design attempt gone wrong.

IMO they need to stick to what they have

sean 04-17-2008 10:43 AM

Following in the steps of...

http://www.pestalozzi.net/sb/ferrari...venice_410.jpg

nerual 04-17-2008 10:49 AM

That looks pretty bad. :beingsick:

drew935 04-17-2008 02:00 PM

I don't like the look of that hatch :beingsick:

Club411 04-17-2008 02:14 PM

Perfect for me and my growing family...

The Pun 04-17-2008 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Club411 (Post 69795)
Perfect for me and my growing family...

Yeah - there are gonna be 100's of little Ray Ray's running around Chicago in 9 months...

Club411 04-17-2008 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Pun (Post 69799)
Yeah - there are gonna be 100's of little Ray Ray's running around Chicago in 9 months...

Bite your tounge!

Ara 04-17-2008 02:44 PM

Looks terrible imo.

Miami M3 04-17-2008 04:28 PM

would be a pretty cool herse