Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Mats

Old 02-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
dadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura about
Mats

Still can't get over the fact that they want $150 for a set of floor mats on my 114K car. Out of principle, I have opted to buy a set of Coco mats in matching colors for the front and rear floors and the luggage area. Anyone have these? Also, will get some weathertech winter rubber mats but weathertech doesn't have custom mats for the Panamera yet, they hope to in 2-3 months which surprised me. Any feed back on these products?

Old 02-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dadc4s
Still can't get over the fact that they want $150 for a set of floor mats on my 114K car. Out of principle, I have opted to buy a set of Coco mats in matching colors for the front and rear floors and the luggage area. Anyone have these? Also, will get some weathertech winter rubber mats but weathertech doesn't have custom mats for the Panamera yet, they hope to in 2-3 months which surprised me. Any feed back on these products?
ha, good luck with this logic. at this rate you will never have the car serviced or buy a set of wiper blades.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
dadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura aboutdadc4s has a spectacular aura about
I will certainly have the car serviced and get wiper blades and anything else the car needs. I am not cheap, just principled. The coco mats cost lots more than the $150 Porsche mats. The problem is the mats should come in the damn car! And even if they don't, they shouldn't cost $150. I don't mind spending money, and lots of it, I DO mind getting ripped off.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
I will certainly have the car serviced and get wiper blades and anything else the car needs. I am not cheap, just principled. The coco mats cost lots more than the $150 Porsche mats. The problem is the mats should come in the damn car! And even if they don't, they shouldn't cost $150. I don't mind spending money, and lots of it, I DO mind getting ripped off.

You've already payed for things like aluminum trim (isn't leather $0?) and parking assist. Might as well throw in a nickel for the mats too.

It's not like they're $150 each.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I must agree.

Enjoy getting all the bells and whistles and throw caution to the wind!

Old 02-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kcturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree that the concept of paying for floor mats in a $100K+ car is inane. On both my 997 TT and my Panamera Turbo, before negotiating the final price, I told the dealer that he had to pay for the floor mats as a matter of principle. He laughed and agreed both times.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
bmw wiper blades cost 110 at the dealer and shouldnt... the logic is the same. they are both not worth the money one has to pay to buy them...

Old 02-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PatrickHenry
bmw wiper blades cost 110 at the dealer and shouldnt... the logic is the same. they are both not worth the money one has to pay to buy them...
Don't porsche floor mats say "porsche" on them? I doubt anyone would notice if you have bmw wiper blades or ones you buy from napa or rainx or wherever else.

Plus, if you take care of your mats, they're a 1 time buy. Wiper blades need replacing, no matter what.

So I disagree that the wiper blade argument follows the same logic as the floor mats (even if porsche mats don't have "porsche" stitched in.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Wiper blades are replaced for free for 4 yrs or 50K miles on BMWs. I hear where you are all coming from, it is silly on one hand to complain about mats when you are 114K into the car but to me it seems like a principal is at stake. My wife's Honda came with mats, so should a Porsche.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kcturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
I found some rubber winter mats for the Panamera on the Porsche website in the Tequipment section.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mats