Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Fisker Karma S

Old 12-30-2008, 07:27 PM
Teamspeed's World Racer
EmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond repute
Fisker Karma S

Got this from a buddy at Fisker. Apparently, the press release goes out tomorrow, so this be a "Team Speed Scoop".

"In addition to the production version of the Karma, the first luxury plug-in hybrid, Fisker Automotive will also be taking the wraps off a new concept during the 2009 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

Fisker Automotive CEO Henrik Fisker will announce details about the Karma S at the company’s press conference in Cobo Hall on January 12."

Fisker is getting up to speed on Facebook, Flickr, and Twitter to get info out faster, so if you want to be kept up to date you can reach them here:

Flickr: Fisker Automotive's Photostream

Twitter / fiskerauto

Fisker luxury plug-in hybrid enthusiasts | Facebook

Oh, and here's the pic of the car:

Old 12-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond repute
Fisker is IMHO the most important car brand of today, they have set the goal for themselves to make a desirable, sporty, yet env. friendly car. That takes balls.
I really really really hope they make it big time!

FIY, Henrik Fisker is the designer of some great cars, including the Aston Martin DB9.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:37 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Nice, I just saw a billboard for this at LAX this morning.

I tried to go to the Tesla store on Santa Monica Blvd, but they closed at 6pm. I'm interested in getting a sub 100k electric car but it worries me that on their website they've only celebrated their 100th customer. That number is a little too low for my comfort.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:43 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Daym emil thanks for the exclusive !

Old 12-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Teamspeed's World Racer
EmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond reputeEmilGH has a reputation beyond repute
Old 12-30-2008, 08:43 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
You posted here before your own show; it must be love

Old 12-31-2008, 12:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the premier here, Emil! While I applaud Fisker's development of the Karma, I never really liked his previous models which were nothing more than tarted up BMWs and MBs. As far as the hybrid game is concerned, I still strongly favor Tesla at this point. Still, it's an exciting time to be in the hybrid game and I'm looking forward to seeing some more projects from Fisker!

Old 12-31-2008, 01:24 AM
Teamspeed's World Racer
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Thanks for the premier here, Emil! While I applaud Fisker's development of the Karma, I never really liked his previous models which were nothing more than tarted up BMWs and MBs. As far as the hybrid game is concerned, I still strongly favor Tesla at this point. Still, it's an exciting time to be in the hybrid game and I'm looking forward to seeing some more projects from Fisker!
Personally, I thought the Fisker 6-Series was way better than the Bangle 6-Series... and the Tesla ain't a hybrid. It's electric only. When you're out of juice you're done for the day. And night. With the Fisker, you've got the option to keep rolling with a reduced carbon foot-print and STILL have 400hp to the wheels from rev 1.

I can't wait to see this Karma S in the "metal"... I hope it really is a drop top as the pictures would imply!