Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

E46 M3 vs E90 M3

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmoores
Stuka knows there is only one end result that he will truly be happy with: 2003 BMW M5 Manual Sedan for sale at Enthusiast Auto
My deal with EAG fell through because of how low NADA is on the E39 M5's nowadays. So if you want anything decent, you have to put down 15K of your own good money.

15K is a year of lease payments on an F10 M5.

It just doesn't make sense financially. No matter how much I like the car.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stax
I also think the outgoing 135i is one of the best cars I've driven... And definitely worth a drive if you love the e46 M3.
That'd be the one I keep around for a while...
I would have loved to have an 1M. But BMW made like 5 of them, and all dealers wanted eleventy million over sticker for one in the U.S., so I didn't get one.

The regular 135 has two problems:

1. In the US you cannot order it without sunroof. That chassis has zero headroom with a sunroof if you are anywhere near 6 foot tall.

2. No LSD. I understand BMW only makes LSD for M cars because they worry about market cannabalization, but come on, with them selling 5 copies of 1M, couldn't they at least make a real LSD an option on the 135?

Old 07-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
The 1M is one of my favorite BMW's period, but as Stuka said, they just din't make enough. The one that I saw last fall here in Tulsa had a $20K (or $30K) markup, and sold the day it hit the lot. There is one for sale on the 6 for $62.5K.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by SoCal
The 1M is one of my favorite BMW's period, but as Stuka said, they just din't make enough. The one that I saw last fall here in Tulsa had a $20K (or $30K) markup, and sold the day it hit the lot. There is one for sale on the 6 for $62.5K.
RIght, and at that price, it's like the F10 problem of the E39 M5, why spend that money on an 1M when I can spend it on a 997.1 GT3?

Old 07-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Agreed. I have seen several .1 GT3's under $70k. It's a no-brainer when they are that closely priced.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Cool comparo, Andy. Congrats again on your new M3.