Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

World Premiere: BMW 1 Series M Coupé (Press Release and Photos)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 02:43 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Rage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I think BMW nailed it. For the price, it's a bargain for an ///M car.

That being said, I'd rather save $10K and get a 135i and tune it well past 1M territory myself and pocket the leftover $9K.
Yeah, but you wouldn't get a 135i for 10 grand less, because you'd have to add leather seats and the big wheels, standard on the 1M, before you even start tuning.
The 1M is incredible value for money, compared to other BMWs. It's even got the M3's rear axle and active differential. Try getting that done by a tuner. You'd be short a lot more than you save on the 135. It's not just about getting the power up. This car is all about agility and control.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond repute
Just for the record, the 200 km/h mark is reached in 17.3 seconds.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
xizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nicexizor is just really nice
I love it! It's the distilled essence of a M car. It will sell like hot pancakes as far as I'm concerned.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Kongsved is an unknown quantity at this point
Really really excited! I am SO looking forward to this. Personally I think they nailed it. But I miss lighter seats, Recaro/sparco. But I reckon that'll be extras or standard on an eventual CSL model.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ddiazc is on a distinguished roadddiazc is on a distinguished road
Amazing design!!! It rocks!

Old 12-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
The interior looks really nice and I'm sure it's a fun car to drive.

I just think the exterior design is a disaster. It really does not look good from any angels other than from the front imo.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
This car is exactly what I was hoping for. THIS is an M car

Old 12-10-2010, 11:35 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
New Images:

Old 12-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I love the alcantara accents in the interior. Lovely.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:57 PM
MR.
Teamspeed Member
MR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to allMR. is a name known to all
Parts are similar to the 135i so you can make the interior like the 1M :P

Nothing different... Of course the handling is different, but what difference will it make in the long end. I am really wondering how it will perform against a normal 135 and the differences wrt handling.

For the price I am getting myself a second hand car and tune it up to the max and still keep money in my pocket. Nice thing is that I save a lot of tax money as well.

MR

Quick Reply: World Premiere: BMW 1 Series M Coupé (Press Release and Photos)