Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

E92 ///M3 gear change

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 06:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud of
Angry E92 ///M3 gear change

my recently purchased (3 months old) E92 ///M3 needs a gear change including clutch and flywheel, just after 4,000 Kilos of mileage .. wth ! factory fault they say .. i talked to the service manager and sales manager demanding a new car. what r ur thoughts?

pics where taken inside the garage where they are trying to diagnose the car .. btw im the guy in the 2nd pic with the weird facial expression

Attached Images   

Last edited by hamadjamsheer; 07-04-2010 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Teamspeed Member
Vettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the rough
No need for a new car unless it happens again before normal.

So one of the gears is bad?
Odd to me it needs trans, clutch and flywheel work...

Old 07-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Vettilac
No need for a new car unless it happens again before normal.

So one of the gears is bad?
Odd to me it needs trans, clutch and flywheel work...
as soon as i shift it starts rattling .. + when its on neutral i rev the engine and there is ticking noise from the gear .. they sent a sound clip to bmw's M division and were given the green light to replace as the car has a factory fault.

it really breaks my heart seeing my new car like this .. but a new car is a better option to avoid any complications in the near future. im still awaiting the sales managers reply on that .

Old 07-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
a new car? thats a bit extreme. i would have the clutch/flywheel changed, see if that fixes it (which it probably will)

here is my question...how can there be a ticking noise from the gear if your in neutral?

Old 07-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
M-POWER 77 has a spectacular aura aboutM-POWER 77 has a spectacular aura aboutM-POWER 77 has a spectacular aura aboutM-POWER 77 has a spectacular aura aboutM-POWER 77 has a spectacular aura aboutM-POWER 77 has a spectacular aura aboutM-POWER 77 has a spectacular aura aboutM-POWER 77 has a spectacular aura aboutM-POWER 77 has a spectacular aura aboutM-POWER 77 has a spectacular aura aboutM-POWER 77 has a spectacular aura about
4000KM!!! you are still officially within the break in period so push hard for a new car but don't be optimistic with our dealer. if they refused make sure they change the whole gear box with a new one then i suggest you sell it! it might be a lemon! GL

Old 07-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Dont worry Bro, if its a factory fault they will replace the complete trans and you'll be back to normal. InshaAllah it'll be ok and you'll be back to enjoying your car in no time!

Old 07-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE
a new car? thats a bit extreme. i would have the clutch/flywheel changed, see if that fixes it (which it probably will)

here is my question...how can there be a ticking noise from the gear if your in neutral?
when i Rev the engine and its on neutral and im not pressing on the clutch there is a ticking noise a funny ticking noise .. i have no idea y is it there and what is making it

Old 07-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by M-POWER 77
4000KM!!! you are still officially within the break in period so push hard for a new car but don't be optimistic with our dealer. if they refused make sure they change the whole gear box with a new one then i suggest you sell it! it might be a lemon! GL
i am pushing for a new car .. if not i will demand a free warranty extension and a service package .. but most probably a new car ! if not with our dealer i will contact dubai =) thats y i want a new one, i dont want to be driving a lemon lol

Old 07-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports
Dont worry Bro, if its a factory fault they will replace the complete trans and you'll be back to normal. InshaAllah it'll be ok and you'll be back to enjoying your car in no time!
i am enjoying the courtesy car ! lol a convertible 335

Old 07-05-2010, 02:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Good, but i highly doubt they will give you a new car. No harm in trying though...

Quick Reply: E92 ///M3 gear change