Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Dakar E92 M3!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 12:12 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Dakar E92 M3!

Okay, at 4500 bucks (come one, that's almost 10% of the cost of the base car!) that they want to gauge the U.S. customers for special order color, I probably won't do it. But I would certainly be happy to buy it used.

It works a lot better than the E46 M3 because of the black CF roof, and the black wheels which breaks up the yellow like the E36 M3 Dakar yellow with black side moldings.

Attached Images   
Old 03-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I REALLY like Dakar on this car!

There was a great example that was on eBay for quite a while - doesn't look like it's on there anymore though

And of course this beauty (as usual) from IND

Old 03-15-2010, 12:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
It's not that bad if it's 4500 more. A paint job alone would be almost that price. You get the yellow stitching and yellow leather highlights as well. Not to mention all the blacked out exterior trim.

Wow, an M3 there is 50k? For an edition M3 (dark yellow, monte carlo blue) here is $115,000!

Old 03-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
It's not that bad if it's 4500 more. A paint job alone would be almost that price. You get the yellow stitching and yellow leather highlights as well. Not to mention all the blacked out exterior trim.

Wow, an M3 there is 50k? For an edition M3 (dark yellow, monte carlo blue) here is $115,000!
Back in the E46 days, BMWUSA would do special color for $2400.

Tariff sucks, mthinks you should protest to your government.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
I know what you mean. Inflation is a b*tch! E46 M3 used to sell for $80,000 brand new. How did it jump with $35,000 on just one generation.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
wow that such a stunning color!

Old 03-15-2010, 01:27 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Dakar=win!

Old 03-15-2010, 02:23 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Can someone photoshop Audi Imola Yellow or Glow Orange on this car?

I think (correct me if I am wrong) in .de you can most certainly have your BMW painted Imola Yellow via BMW Individual, no?

Imola Yellow M3 would be teh WIN! Much richer yellow than dakar, to me anyway.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Teamspeed Member
GT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud of
I figured out why these pics floating around of these special color cars look off..... they painted the mirror bases yellow. Looks kind of Ricey to me, and ruins how the mirror flows with the black trim. Car looks good otherwise!

Old 03-15-2010, 07:13 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great especially with the interior treatment!

Quick Reply: Dakar E92 M3!