Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Does anyone have pics of the E92 M3 SEDAN?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:37 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
So what?!
So, uhh, maybe ... er, she should . . . be more, uh, I dunno, expensive?

Old 01-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
The lease rates for an M3 would be cheaper than yo' mama, ese . . .
which is why we have already all taken advantage of that bargain...

Old 01-29-2009, 10:57 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLC4S
which is why we have already all taken advantage of that bargain...
Cool, so you got an M3 sedan? I agree they are a bargain.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
'09:

'08:

Old 01-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly i would get the M5 over the M3 if you're going for a sedan but that's another debate and i'll leave it alone.

One i will not however is the M3 Vs. 335 debate:

IMO the 335 is a better DD if you live in an urban city where you don't have the opportunity to redline the car or want to bother driving aggressively to get the best out of the engine. The 335 has more accessible (lower down) TQ which equates to a more relaxed drive.

Now of course there's the argument that 295 pounds of TQ is still a decent amount, but so is the overall weight of the 3 series so it doesn't have the feel pulling away from a stop light (M3 Tq. is higher up on the power band) that you may expect when putting along when needing to suddenly accelerate. If you want a sports car you have one - the 997, go for something more relaxed for a DD.

335:300/1400-5000
M3: 295/3900 lb-ft

Old 01-29-2009, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
Honestly i would get the M5 over the M3 if you're going for a sedan but that's another debate and i'll leave it alone.

One i will not however is the M3 Vs. 335 debate:

IMO the 335 is a better DD if you live in an urban city where you don't have the opportunity to redline the car or want to bother driving aggressively to get the best out of the engine. The 335 has more accessible (lower down) TQ which equates to a more relaxed drive.
I have been driving my GT2 everyday now since the E30 is in the shop.

It is so nice to drive a car with some power that you can change lane, merge, get on the stupid ass overland 10 onramp and fly pass the jerks becaues they even realize what happened.

More power is always better.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
More power is always better.
I'm not saying it isn't, re-read my post - i'm not explaining it again.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
I'm not saying it isn't, re-read my post - i'm not explaining it again.
But, there are things I can't do in either the E30 or the S4 that I can do with the GT2. Same with M3 versus 335.

As you know, once you turn on your blinker, people speed up to close the gap.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:04 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Do you guys think the S4 is a better looking car than the M3?

Old 01-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Right, but my point is that you more than likely need to downshift to get in the optimum power band do that, which you may not have to do in a car with more accessible tq.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have pics of the E92 M3 SEDAN?