Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Luxury Cruisers and Performance Yachts (https://teamspeed.com/forums/luxury-cruisers-performance-yachts/)
-   -   Pershing 72 vs Azimut 86S vs Riva 68 Ego (https://teamspeed.com/forums/luxury-cruisers-performance-yachts/25108-pershing-72-vs-azimut-86s-vs-riva-68-ego.html)

salihbjk 06-22-2009 07:07 PM

Pershing 72 vs Azimut 86S vs Riva 68 Ego

What are your opinions of these 3? Pershing and Riva seems to have more quality than Azimut, but I got a same deal with those 3 and Azimut is a 86 feet. Any owners of one of these here who can give some feedback? Also any alternative model suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

vtgts300kw 06-22-2009 09:26 PM

Join up or post over on lambopower. One of the members there knows his boats.

TTM0TION 06-22-2009 09:50 PM

I like pershing and riva but doesn't palmer johnson make a sick boat in this range also?

Schwabe 06-22-2009 10:53 PM

The Riva is the most exclusive of the three. Hardest to get, does it have ASD as the other two? What are you looking for? The Pershing will be the fastest, the Azimut the largest etc. Where are you going to use the boat, what do you have as for service nearby? Just saw a Azimut S86 last weekend, didn't look that big for an almost 90 footer, had 4 crew on it though.

MeanMachine 06-23-2009 01:35 AM

I would settle for the Pershing.

salihbjk 06-24-2009 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by TTM0TION (Post 347139)
I like pershing and riva but doesn't palmer johnson make a sick boat in this range also?

Will look on it :)

salihbjk 06-24-2009 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Schwabe (Post 347183)
The Riva is the most exclusive of the three. Hardest to get, does it have ASD as the other two? What are you looking for? The Pershing will be the fastest, the Azimut the largest etc. Where are you going to use the boat, what do you have as for service nearby? Just saw a Azimut S86 last weekend, didn't look that big for an almost 90 footer, had 4 crew on it though.

I am thinking to use it for trips from Turkey to Greece, Italy, France, Spain etc during the summer times. Being fast is important and I know Pershing is the fastest (which I am leaning most for), but the others are not slow at all. So the quality, comfort ( both indoor & outdoor ) is the most important thing for me I can say.

h-bo 06-24-2009 11:59 AM

the good thing about this choice is that you wouldn't go wrong. they are all amzing in their own way. i imagine it is some way off... but don't forget to post pictures. good luck with finding your yacht.

Dutchnick 06-24-2009 12:13 PM

I assume you've already looked at the Apreamare Maestro 82 as its part of the Ferretti Group? The design might not appeal to everyone and it's not exactly a 'sporty yacht', but when it comes to indoor and outdoor comfort, it's above average!

Of course, in the end it is your decision!

A Riva makes a statement just by saying the name.
Pershing = Speed
Azimut = Largest. If you plan on spending a large amount of time on the yacht you cannot compromise on size. I've spent 5 days on a 60ft yacht with 3 other people and we did get on each others nerves.

Good Luck making your decision though!

salihbjk 06-24-2009 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by h-bo (Post 348242)
the good thing about this choice is that you wouldn't go wrong. they are all amzing in their own way. i imagine it is some way off... but don't forget to post pictures. good luck with finding your yacht.

Posting photos can take some time actually, but will definitely do :) Thank you very much :friends: