Notices
Luxury Cruisers and Performance Yachts Sea Ray, Sunseeker, Riva, Chris-Craft, Formula, Wally Boats, Magnum Marine & More Discussion Forum.

Pershing 72 vs Azimut 86S vs Riva 68 Ego

Old 06-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dutchnick
I assume you've already looked at the Apreamare Maestro 82 as its part of the Ferretti Group? The design might not appeal to everyone and it's not exactly a 'sporty yacht', but when it comes to indoor and outdoor comfort, it's above average!

Of course, in the end it is your decision!

A Riva makes a statement just by saying the name.
Pershing = Speed
Azimut = Largest. If you plan on spending a large amount of time on the yacht you cannot compromise on size. I've spent 5 days on a 60ft yacht with 3 other people and we did get on each others nerves.

Good Luck making your decision though!
Yeah I did but I can say it is not my style at all

I am planning to spend whole summers on the yacht with friends and family, that's why I added the Azimut on the list, actually I do not think it can be the rival of Pershing or Riva in terms of quality. But it is the largest one

Old 06-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry Palmer Johnson doesn't make a vessel in the length you were looking at. I think I just glanced quickly and got crossed up between meters and feet. Where are you with your search?

Old 06-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't even consider an Azimut. They are not built well at all. Pershing's are much much better boats. They handle better, can take a rough sea better, and they are faster. The Azimut will be cheaper, and you get a bigger boat for the money. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. Riva's are way too overpriced, if you can get a deal on one, then the are pretty good boats. If I were you, I would seriously consider going with a 24M Leopard, or an 80 Mangusta. You can find used 80 Mangusta's for a relatively decent price. They are excellent boats, and no two are alike, unlike the Azimuts, Pershings, and Riva's.

Def take a look at the leopard and mangusta from Rodriguez Group. If you want, I can put you in touch with someone there. I know those guys pretty well.

Here is their website: http://www.rodriguezgroup.com/

Last edited by Hernando; 06-28-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Here are some pictures of the Leopard 24 and the old and new Mangusta 80.

Leopard 24:
Name:  leopard24-2.jpg
Views: 5562
Size:  39.1 KB
Name:  leopard24-1.jpg
Views: 5574
Size:  150.7 KB

Mangusta 80 Old:
Name:  Mangusta 80-1.jpg
Views: 10649
Size:  215.7 KB

Mangusta 80 new:
Name:  Mangusta 80-2.jpg
Views: 5960
Size:  164.7 KB

Old 06-28-2009, 01:32 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I agree, Mangusta FTW they are mindblowing fast and stylish.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Louis. is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you considered Sunseeker ? They do some rather nice Predator's.

Sunseeker - Performance Motoryachts - Predator 84

I think the interior of the 84 is lovely !

Old 06-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I also like the predators

Old 06-29-2009, 04:27 PM
The problem with Sunseekers is that they are built poorly, especially in the electrical department. Besides the fact that they don't age too well. The main thing I don't like about Sunseekers/Azimuts is that they all look the same inside. The great thing about rodriguez group products is that no two are alike.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Hernando, thanks a lot for your advices. I agree Mangusta is one step behind from these yachts I've listed, but I would like to buy a new yacht rather than a used one so its a little bit out of my price range. But if the correct one comes, than I would of course think about it. I liked the style of leopard 24, I need to see one in person for having a better opinion

And I am not thinking about the Sunseekers I gotta say They look a little cheap next to pershing or riva.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by salihbjk
Hernando, thanks a lot for your advices. I agree Mangusta is one step behind from these yachts I've listed, but I would like to buy a new yacht rather than a used one so its a little bit out of my price range. But if the correct one comes, than I would of course think about it. I liked the style of leopard 24, I need to see one in person for having a better opinion

And I am not thinking about the Sunseekers I gotta say They look a little cheap next to pershing or riva.
No worries. You mean one step ahead, not behind.

Def see if you can take a look at a Leopard 24, I think you will really like it. Mangusta aslo makes a smaller one, the 72 which is very nice as well, and much cheaper than the 80. Here is a pic.

Name:  mangusta 72.jpg
Views: 6649
Size:  50.6 KB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pershing 72 vs Azimut 86S vs Riva 68 Ego