Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Car Puts GTR Head To Head With 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jack519
The only people that say stuff lke "Its just a nissan" are the ones who are jealous that it is a better/faster car than their own and thats the only excuse they can come up with to put the skyline down.
No, not really. The people that say "it's just a Nissan" are the people that can afford one, or two, or three, or whatever. They will probably buy one to put in their fleet of cars as a fun car to beat around in. I am looking at one right now. I love the car. But lets be honest, when the day is over and the dust clears, it is still "just a Nissan". I'll sell the Nissan one day, I'll keep my Porsche forever.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:03 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jack519 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well someone could say the exact same thing about your porsche if they were big FCar fans or Lambo fans or anything higher up in the food chain.

...And seriously man your right, it probably is people that can afford to buy a couple of them but none of these people probably know anything about cars or even work on their own car. These types of people dont appreciate cars, they appreciate badge's and name brand's.

Oh and yea Im going to stop arguing with you right here...because I dont want to ruin another GTR/911T thread b/c some porsche owner is mad again.

With that being said Im a huge 911T fan, I have always been and always will. I just dont like ignorant comments like "It's just a nissan."

Last edited by Jack519; 02-21-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jack519
Well someone could say the exact same thing about your porsche if they were big FCar fans or Lambo fans or anything higher up in the food chain.

...And seriously man your right, it probably is people that can afford to buy a couple of them but none of these people probably know anything about cars or even work on their own car. These types of people dont appreciate cars, they appreciate badge's and name brand's.

Oh and yea Im going to stop arguing with you right here...because I dont want to ruin another GTR/911T thread b/c some porsche owner is mad again.

With that being said Im a huge 911T fan, I have always been and always will. I just dont like ignorant comments like "It's just a nissan."
No arguing. I love Supras (I've had half a dozen and love them), I've looked at Skylines but I don't think my little brain would ever learn to drive on the wrong side of the car:rofl:. I think the new GT/R will be an awesome car but right now, in the US, does not have the iconic nature of the Porsche or the Lambo or the Ferrari. The Supra is almost up there among car guys as far as "coolness factor" goes, but the GT/R is still just a Nissan to most guys.

Don't get me wrong, I want one... BAD...

Old 02-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jack519 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by tblackj
No arguing. I love Supras (I've had half a dozen and love them), I've looked at Skylines but I don't think my little brain would ever learn to drive on the wrong side of the car:rofl:. I think the new GT/R will be an awesome car but right now, in the US, does not have the iconic nature of the Porsche or the Lambo or the Ferrari. The Supra is almost up there among car guys as far as "coolness factor" goes, but the GT/R is still just a Nissan to most guys.

Don't get me wrong, I want one... BAD...
Ha I guess were on the same page then! Yea I love supra's too..and they are definitely up there as icons here in the U.S.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:43 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tblackj
The Supra is almost up there among car guys as far as "coolness factor" goes, but the GT/R is still just a Nissan to most guys.
supra "almost up there"? a properly single'd supra decimates virtually everything it encounters, all the car guys i know give it the appropriate amount of respect. also, the GTR is not just a nissan to anyone that has had some seat time. its something you really need to experience to be able to understand. i haven't driven an R35 yet but have driven all the previous iterations and i really love this platform. just plain fun to drive and if its a little damp all the better.

ps. the driver in the posted videos sucked.