Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

Bodybuilding style "dirty bulk"

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
You eat plates of fried chicken shirtless Chris?

Old 04-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
id be affraid to put in 3 shakes in a day, cholesterol and all

but yea this is a must if you wana enter a new weight clas, however not nesseary to consume total garbage at this phase, i simply ate rice with everything and added a bigmac post workout

Last edited by tips; 04-10-2012 at 03:29 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
I would drop the EAS shakes. I order protein from True Nutrition - The Highest Quality Supplements and Protein at the Lowest Prices mix in a scoop of creatine, dextrose powder and small scoop of nesquik. Purshasing shakes, becomes expensive when you figure out what you are truly paying for.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about
OP, I honestly think you're whole idea is garbage. You can easily put on the weight that you are looking for using the diet that you have planned, but this weight will be almost entirely FAT. The whole point of "bodybuilding" is to have the mass, but with a low percentage of body fat. Once you start cutting, all of the "mass" that you are adding on will fade away, because most of what you are putting on is FAT.

There is no quick or easy method of gaining lean muscle. I have tried your method as well as others. The safest and best method to bulk is to gradually increase your calorie intake over a period of weeks/months while still eating clean.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:26 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
haha,Priest was often such a fat fvck in the off season

well then,..have fun and enjoy yourself!

Old 04-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Slacker, so the topic begs the question: are you TRAINING just like the Pro's do?

If the answer is anything BUT yes, then you shouldn't eat like them. Sorry mate, but that's the way it works.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
the topic begs the question: are you JUICINGjust like the Pro's do?
fixed. bulking with sust/deca/dianabol etc
dont want to know how many hgh ius priest or anyone else shoots to cut, or how much test e with winnie and primo for keeping mass

i personally would read up on and listen to rob riches instead of lee priest

Old 04-10-2012, 11:21 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
let`s not start on this one...
nobody knows about that except they themselves...anything else is just BS talk.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:29 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
^I meant the exact amounts and stacks etc

them not being natural is self explaining

/off topic

keep up the good work man and I`m sure you`ll gain some good muscle (as well )

Last edited by ECB; 04-10-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TAHorizon
OP, I honestly think you're whole idea is garbage. You can easily put on the weight that you are looking for using the diet that you have planned, but this weight will be almost entirely FAT.
Thinking isn't data. As an engineering type I look at the data and try to make a valid conclusion. I took skinfold measurements to start and throughout. More accurate methods are available but cost and convenience prohibitive. Regardless of true BF % the needle moving is what I'm concerned with.

Starting weight 165, starting measured BF 12%=145 LBM

Current weight 181, current measured BF 14%=155 LBM

That's 10 lbs LBM and 6 fat, so while there is obviously fat gain roughly 2/3rds is muscle.

I should also say that most of the fat is abdominal. I had visible (but not washboard) abs at the start, now you can just see the top 2 with the rest smooth and some small love handles. My abdominal skinfold measurement has gone from 18 to 24 and the rest have barely moved.

On training:

I've been doing full body workouts with 2 days/rest in between. 2 "money" exercises (generally a squat or bench variant paired with a posterior chain exercise) slow, heavy and under 8 reps. Some small support exercises and abs. Well under an hour, sometimes as little as half an hour. NO CARDIO.

I don't think it's necessary to "train like a pro". I'm not a pro BB. Don't have the genetics, not taking the gear. I think it would be counterproductive. I'm training like a natural experienced lifter, focusing on big compound lifts and resting.

On the results:

If you want to argue that this isn't a healthy long term strategy I'm with you 100%, the bloodwork and abdominal fat gain shows that clearly. But the LBM data tells it's own tale, this is an effective way to add muscle in a short period of time without excessive discipline. Can't stick your head in the sand and ignore it. Well YOU can, but I'm not really concerned with that.

The real question to ask here is would the SAME of GREATER LBM gain be possible by doing this "clean" using the same diet without the added junk. An experiment for another time.

Last edited by big_slacker; 04-10-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Bodybuilding style "dirty bulk"