Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire opinion/comparison thread

Old 08-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Tire opinion/comparison thread

People seem to have different opinions about tires for their
Porsches, depending on how they use the car. It'd make sense to have all that in one thread because my search yielded scattered results.

I'm looking to buy a new set for my GT2 and am wondering if I should stick to the OEM tires (Michelin cups) or change to something else. I track the car 2/3 times a year, and the rest is all dry road driving conditions. Any experiences?

Old 08-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MC321
People seem to have different opinions about tires for their
Porsches, depending on how they use the car. It'd make sense to have all that in one thread because my search yielded scattered results.

I'm looking to buy a new set for my GT2 and am wondering if I should stick to the OEM tires (Michelin cups) or change to something else. I track the car 2/3 times a year, and the rest is all dry road driving conditions. Any experiences?
The question is; what are you hoping to gain by changing what Porsche recommends?

Old 08-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly, I'm happy with the original tires, but you see alot of recommendations flying around, so I'm hoping to see what people believe they gained by switching tires. Only thing I'd like is for the tire to last longer.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Michelin SuperSports.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
a german car magazine recently tested 5 semislicks for the 997.2...i will add the link, but i guess you won't be able to understand it...
so: the best tyres for dry use (apart from the michelins) were the all new pirelli trofeos (number 1 in test) and the also all new dunlop sport maxx race...if you want a tyre that does also work in the wet and lasts quite and while and is btw the lightest of them all, you should take a look at the continental force contact ;-)
Sportreifen-Test 235/35 und 305/30 R19: Fünf griffige Alternativen für den Elfer - SPORT AUTO

Old 08-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
AlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond reputeAlexG has a reputation beyond repute
I have The new trofeo R on my car now, and they Are really good on The track. I think better then Michelin Cup :-)

Old 08-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Michelin SuperSports.
+1

If you rarely track the car then go with the Super Sports.
Remember our tarmac gets really hot so tire wear will always be an issue with R compounds.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Member
Vettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by (QTR)GT3
+1

If you rarely track the car then go with the Super Sports.
Remember our tarmac gets really hot so tire wear will always be an issue with R compounds.
+2

Fantastic tire

Old 08-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura aboutTheYoungConnoisseur has a spectacular aura about
I would put on either mich PS2's or try the super sports. Have a lot of time on ps2's they wear great and run good hot.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Supersport is everything the ps2 is, just better.
I put them on my wife's car, took it to PBIR and it did great. The buyer of my last RS put them on and too it to Sebring, PBIR and Homestead in the heat, they were pretty quick and held up great..

Ps also in village by the sea...

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 08-11-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire opinion/comparison thread