Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   GT (https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/)
-   -   Will the 4.0 RS hold it's value......... (https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/74613-will-4-0-rs-hold-its-value.html)

Mike S 07-25-2012 02:08 AM

I also don't think it will hold it's value. It will not depreciate as fast, but there are far and few cars these days no matter how little they make that appreciate.

If you're buying the car to try make or retain money, you're doing it for the wrong reason.

bmoores 07-25-2012 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali (Post 1366841)
I think the RS 4.0 will be the most collectible 997. It is very limited in production, right at the end. As mentioned, it's the last of the Mezgers, and it was a Porsche Motorsport car, which is a big seal of approval. Personally, it's #1 on my list (with the GT2 RS) for my "dream" 997.

$40K over might not be recouped anytime soon, but I'd say it's a sure thing in the long run (20 yrs or so).

Right or wrong, I would say almost the exact same thing. Time will tell.

"The JC" 07-25-2012 09:19 AM

I hope that in about eight to ten years the 4.0 RS loses value dramatically.

People are freaking out right now about the future of sports cars, so I also agree that time will tell.

STOPPIE 07-25-2012 09:43 AM

$40K over? Stupid. Just wait a little bit. But holding it's value- and paying OVER sticker are two, completely separate topics- and neither are relevant to each other.

Will the 4.0 hold its value? You bet your ass it will. I'm not going to justify the comment; but those who KNOW this car, I mean, really know it- it for sure will hold it's value. The CGT dropped in values and then came back up. This car might do something similar but in the long run it's a real collection piece for sure.

But paying over, and expecting to recoup that would be misaligned at best.

Wait a little bit, nab one close to sticker- call it a day.

dertub 07-25-2012 12:39 PM

The answer is TIME. How long can you wait? I fully expect by black 4.0 to double in value after I'm dead!! Why are 356 Speedsters selling for $200.k today? Spyders? 959? etc. How bad do you want one?

Marc 07-25-2012 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by STOPPIE (Post 1367065)
$40K over? Stupid. Just wait a little bit. But holding it's value- and paying OVER sticker are two, completely separate topics- and neither are relevant to each other.

Will the 4.0 hold its value? You bet your ass it will. I'm not going to justify the comment; but those who KNOW this car, I mean, really know it- it for sure will hold it's value. The CGT dropped in values and then came back up. This car might do something similar but in the long run it's a real collection piece for sure.

But paying over, and expecting to recoup that would be misaligned at best.

Wait a little bit, nab one close to sticker- call it a day.

Agreed.. and even if it didn't who the fvck cares buy it to drive it, if you have to worry don't buy it.

LABrit 07-25-2012 03:14 PM

People said the same about the GT2RS. They haven't maintained their value that well.

JonA85 07-25-2012 03:17 PM

^^ I think a lot of that had to do with the 4.0 be released. A handful of people alone on this site traded their 2 rs for the 4.0. Which don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, maybe if they depreciate more I can afford one.

PorscheBoy 07-25-2012 03:17 PM

these cars just came out.. isnt it early to just say yeah they will hold their value or no they wont? you cant tell until the demand comes back in a couple (or several years) but yeah totally agree that you should buy to enjoy.

PorscheBoy 07-25-2012 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by JonA85 (Post 1367327)
^^ I think a lot of that had to do with the 4.0 be released. A handful of people alone on this site traded their 2 rs for the 4.0. Which don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, maybe if they depreciate more I can afford one.

this coming from the guy who just bought a lambo :whistle::smilie: