Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 911 GT3 PDK Hits The Ring!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Is that not the sight and sound of automobile perfection? wow...
Nothing better than a 911 gt3. Nothing.

Even that guy rowing thru the rookies in that 996 Cup car

Old 06-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by h20skier
nothing better than a 911 gt3. Nothing.

Even that guy rowing thru the rookies in that 996 cup car
a gt3 rs.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Milanno
I`ve tried to find out more about 9A1 engine & I found this: The 9A1 engine is being raced on Rolex Grand AM - and it's winning!

If this is true what car was used on on Rolex Grand AM? I assumed that was heavily tuned 9A1 engine...
Where'd you see that at? I was actually at a Grand Am race a month ago! This rumor of the 9A1 engine being used is definetly not true. They use the 911 GT3 Cup Car which has the Mezger block.

Here's a picture of Magnus Racing's pink for breast cancer GT3.

Last edited by Carrera; 06-01-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
^I saw that post on other forum. But, like I assumed that was fake statement.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Milanno
^I saw that post on other forum. But, like I assumed that was fake statement.
Understandable!

As per our PMs, does anybody have any information about the engines being raced in the Cayman inter series and Continental Tire Series? The cars are based on the 987.2 Cayman S I believe, and if I'm not mistaken don't those have the DFI 9A1 engine? If so, they are pretty fast!

Old 06-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
This is getting very interesting!

Old 06-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Former Sponsor
GeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffJr@Isringhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
Understandable!

As per our PMs, does anybody have any information about the engines being raced in the Cayman inter series and Continental Tire Series? The cars are based on the 987.2 Cayman S I believe, and if I'm not mistaken don't those have the DFI 9A1 engine? If so, they are pretty fast!
You're spot on Anthony, the 9A1 in the 2009+ 987.2 has been motorsport tested and has proved to be bulletproof. In both the Intercontinental Trophy Cup Racing Series and the Interseries there have been no blown motors except from over-revs on misdownshifts and I've only heard of that happening on one car where the guy was redlined in 3rd, down shifted to 2nd and floored it lol.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
^^^ Thanx for great informations! Can you tell us more details about engine that you used (modifications, performance...)

Old 06-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Yup, great info as always! Good to see the 9A1 doing so well in a race spec.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Nothing better than a 911 gt3. Nothing.

Even that guy rowing thru the rookies in that 996 Cup car
Green doesn't think so since he sold his

Quick Reply: 2013 911 GT3 PDK Hits The Ring!