Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 911 GT3 PDK Hits The Ring!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
A lot of speculation on the new 991. Without the race proven engine and race proven tranny, is just another regular fast street car. No thank you, for now I'll keep my 997.2RS
Yup - It makes my life easier (and cheaper) when I just go looking for a nice, green 997.1 RS.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't seen a green .1 GT3 rs for sale in a long while.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Offering PDK on the GT3 is cool.......just continue to offer the manual and we are all good. Its when they go all PDK that we get cranky around here

Old 05-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
Haven't seen a green .1 GT3 rs for sale in a long while.
I've found a few but it's quite the hunt. Fortunately, I have a good network of GT3 bubbas.

I am not disappointed that Porsche is putting PDK (PDGay ) in the GT series. It's what people want, and it should be faster on the track. My fear is that Porsche goes the Ferrari route of "no more manual transmissions" before long...

Old 05-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Watch this space.
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Offering PDK on the GT3 is cool.......just continue to offer the manual and we are all good. Its when they go all PDK that we get cranky around here
Ha ha we were reading each other's minds!

Old 05-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Is it just me or does this car look a helluva lot wider than the 991S?

With the tape covering the supposed reflector bar on the rear, would anyone put it past Porsche to slap an Aerokit and center exhausts to disguise what's actually a Carrera 4S? That would also explain the shift paddles as Porsche continues to deny the initial 991 GT3 will be available with PDK.
You bring up a good point, but the air outlet in front of the hood and the centerlock wheels make me think that this is a GT3 mule. The body does look wider than a regular Carrera S, though.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:13 PM
lgl
Teamspeed Member
lgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura aboutlgl has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JC919
I would love to see a roadgoing GT3 with a massive 'sequential-esque' shifter in the middle. However, with the racecars going to paddles, I just don't see this happening.
Agreed. I was thinking about a sequential with paddles though. Road going version of what we have in the GT3 R Cup car.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
One of my biggest concerns will be if Porsche "dumbs-down" performance-wise the 991 GT3's, GT2's and Turbo in order to not be faster than the 918 around a racetrack.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
Well as much as I am purist... I still feel that the most important thing for a track car is to go around the track fast. If PDK makes the car go around the track faster then it should be an option on the order sheet.

BTW... that track mule needs a "KILLS BUGS FAST" sticker on it!!

Old 05-24-2012, 03:47 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lgl
Agreed. I was thinking about a sequential with paddles though. Road going version of what we have in the GT3 R Cup car.
I`ve been bringing up this idea here on TS numerous times and always got some contra on it...
"too expensive to develop" "would not work" etc.
I think this would be great!
They could still use a PDK but make it act/feel like a sequential,tweak the gearing a bit and make some software gaga to make it work in slow traffic as well and put a nice stick in the car

Quick Reply: 2013 911 GT3 PDK Hits The Ring!