Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for PTS Carrera GT!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I believe that orange CGT started its life in Cleveland. At least it was there for some point. Also believe the color is from lamborghini. Personally ive never been a fan of cross breeding things such as colors from other brands.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I remember seeing that Carrera GT in a magazine (Excellence I think) a looooooong time ago. I remember the color was "Arancio Borealis Pearl Orange Metallic". I'm not sure if this is the same car though.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
GRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond repute
It is the same car. It is Lamborghini orange. I called today, they want a minimum of 385k which is way too much. On to the next one!

Old 02-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GRahal09
It is the same car. It is Lamborghini orange. I called today, they want a minimum of 385k which is way too much. On to the next one!
While it will have a lot fewer prospective buyers in the future I am curious why you think that's so high?

CgT replacements 918 are priced way over double that.

CGT is the last true 6 speed supercar there will ever be.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
GRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond reputeGRahal09 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
While it will have a lot fewer prospective buyers in the future I am curious why you think that's so high?

CgT replacements 918 are priced way over double that.

CGT is the last true 6 speed supercar there will ever be.
Well it is one of a kind, but I don't know that at that number it's a good investment really. While I would own it, and trust me use it, I think it's more of a collectors item for me. The orange makes that even better for me. Orange is my favorite color, and to go with my Orange 4.0 it would be pretty cool. I don't know the clutch condition as of yet, maybe will change my mind. We will see.

What's everyone's opinion of yellow?

Old 02-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Red or black if you don't pick up a PTSD. The orange car was 499k 2 or 3 months ago, so it has come down alot. 385 may not be the lowest that they will go.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Yellow looks great.

You just missed a cherry

Old 02-24-2012, 10:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GRahal09
What's everyone's opinion of yellow?
I tend to hate yellow cars but the CGT works that color very very well. Besides black and silver, I think yellow is the only other color I'd consider on that car.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
you mean yellow like this one? Porsche Porsche | eBay

Old 02-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Brad Brownell is an unknown quantity at this point
As far as I can tell, there were only two PTS orange cars. Of the two, I prefer this pure orange example.

It appears that there were only 31 PTS CGT ever made, so finding one for sale is a rare bird indeed. If you end up going with one that isn't PTS, my preference would be one in Fayence Yellow, but that is only my humble opinion.

Either way, get it, enjoy it, drive it, and love it! The CGT is one of the best cars ever created.

Quick Reply: Looking for PTS Carrera GT!