Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   GT (https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/)
-   -   This might not sit well with some - 2013 GT3 May be PDK Only (https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/69820-might-not-sit-well-some-2013-gt3-may-pdk-only.html)

tips 02-16-2012 02:23 AM

the transmittion options are going to be the same on the gt3 and the rs

DBV 02-16-2012 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by tips (Post 1240078)
the transmittion options are going to be the same on the gt3 and the rs

They haven't even confirmed there will be an RS for the 991 series. If anything, they've mentioned there won't be one. However, anythings possible at this point...

goldencrust 02-16-2012 12:32 PM

porsche always comes to the party last and if they are going to develop a pdks paddle system im sure it will be right!! all the last generation race cars are set up that way inc the new rsr, they will be very wary in upsetting there core driver customer,hopefully there will be an option for both ,personally i would opt for the new paddle shift with lightning changes a a crazy blipping engine,here in the uk with traffic so heavy it also becomes appealing,i drove two hours through london in my rs and you know about it! i also understand peoples involvement regarding a manuel,same old conversation when engines went from air to water,im sure when the 1st cars are tested they will be that good car jurno's will be saying why have we waited this long for this gear box.regular trak day guys will be grinning from ear to ear with there faster times etc, bring it on ,also lets have the full body kit rear fenders ,bonnet details etc and really make the whole package what a lot of people wanted to see in the 4.0

Maxtheone 02-16-2012 01:21 PM

every producer always says there will be no future scuderia, no future gt3rs, etc... simple thing is: they will build one as they have to. as long as they keep racing they have to build a road legal version of the car to homologate the race car at the FIA, ACO, etc...

Milanno 02-16-2012 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by goldencrust (Post 1240318)
porsche always comes to the party last and if they are going to develop a pdks paddle system im sure it will be right!! all the last generation race cars are set up that way inc the new rsr, they will be very wary in upsetting there core driver customer,hopefully there will be an option for both ,personally i would opt for the new paddle shift with lightning changes a a crazy blipping engine,here in the uk with traffic so heavy it also becomes appealing,i drove two hours through london in my rs and you know about it!

Since you are owner of GT3 RS, can you tell us would you buy 991 GT3/RS with PDK?

goldencrust 02-16-2012 02:13 PM

yes i would opt for the pdk,i think we have to move forward as the race cars have,but it needs to be a proper bit of kit to suit what gt3/rs is all about,when i had a gallardo you had to be aggresive with the changes to get the best out of it,i wouldn't want to see a pdk box that isn't to soft and drives the same as a stock 911,even from a visual point of veiw lets see some impressive carbon or stainless big paddles that mean business,the whole set up needs to be right.really make a point of what porsche moter sport is all about.iv'e owned many gt3/rs's but have always admired how ferrari get it right with the 360 challange,430 scuderia and im sure the new 458 challange will be no exception,it makes for out and out occasion!!! but im porsche through and through but give me a gt3/rs that creates that impact,maybe others dont agree but i would like to see a comfort model,no cage leather etc and rs saved for the balls out car that rs customers want.

Milanno 02-16-2012 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by goldencrust (Post 1240383)
yes i would

Well guys, here is your answer. GT3/RS fans say no, but GT3/RS owners says yes (and this is voice that Porsche account on when making decision)

Seems that we are missing the point & mr August Achleitner gets to right decision for future GT3/RS.

lgl 02-16-2012 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by goldencrust (Post 1240318)
porsche always comes to the party last and if they are going to develop a pdks paddle system im sure it will be right!! all the last generation race cars are set up that way inc the new rsr, they will be very wary in upsetting there core driver customer,hopefully there will be an option for both ,personally i would opt for the new paddle shift with lightning changes a a crazy blipping engine,here in the uk with traffic so heavy it also becomes appealing,i drove two hours through london in my rs and you know about it! i also understand peoples involvement regarding a manuel,same old conversation when engines went from air to water,im sure when the 1st cars are tested they will be that good car jurno's will be saying why have we waited this long for this gear box.regular trak day guys will be grinning from ear to ear with there faster times etc, bring it on ,also lets have the full body kit rear fenders ,bonnet details etc and really make the whole package what a lot of people wanted to see in the 4.0

Jus to clarify... When we say PDK (with paddle shift) vs manual gear box AND when we refer to Porsche's latest racing cars (997 R € RSR), we are confusing the issue. PDK as it's name indicates refer to a dual clutch gear box equipped with paddle shift. That's what it is. When we talk about RSR and others yes, they all have paddle shift now BUT it's not a PDK but a SEQUENTIAL gear box equipped with paddle shifts replacing the stick. Life span: 30 hours! Not for street going cars!

DBV 02-16-2012 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Milanno (Post 1240385)
Well guys, here is your answer. GT3/RS fans say no, but GT3/RS owners says yes (and this is voice that Porsche account on when making decision)

Seems that we are missing the point & mr August Achleitner gets to right decision for future GT3/RS.

Pump the brakes. I don't see an overwhelming amount of GT3/RS owners jumping for joy over PDK. Yes, some have mentioned that they would be "ok with it" or "not be too upset over PDK only". But ask yourself, is this what we want or Porsche is looking to do? Do they really want to build one of their icons with a transmission that people are "ok" with vs. building one with a manual transmission people LOVE? For a manufacturer that weighs so heavily on tradition and heritage, I find it hard to believe they won't offer a manual version.

Originally Posted by lgl (Post 1240435)
When we talk about RSR and others yes, they all have paddle shift now BUT it's not a PDK but a SEQUENTIAL gear box equipped with paddle shifts replacing the stick. Life span: 30 hours! Not for street going cars!

Exactly. People bringing the RSR transmissions into this discussion is like comparing apples to oranges and then bringing up a Plum-quat (yes, it's real, and it's delicious) READ: Unless Porsche is really going to surprise everyone and offer a warrantied sequential transmission for the street, there's no point in bringing in this up.

wyatth 02-16-2012 07:14 PM

GT3 may be ticked off as my #1 car. Someday I will be a buyer. I hope I am not forced to shop 2 generations old.