Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Video + Press Shots)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
pmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura about
0-100 in 3.8s it says

Old 08-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
OMG what a great car!! I have just driven mine for the first time and even running in at 5K on moderate throtle this engine is great. Anyone with one of those beauties coming is a luck man, I know I am!

Old 08-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
"OMG what a great car!! I have just driven mine for the first time and even running in at 5K on moderate throtle this engine is great. Anyone with one of those beauties coming is a luck man, I know I am!"

SWING!!!!!!!

Enjoy

Old 08-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
triptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to all
Can anyone translate the gist of the 458 vs. 4.0 test posted above? Obviously the 458 is faster in a straight line but I would be interested to read the comments regarding the handling of the two cars. Thanks!

Old 08-06-2011, 08:52 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by triptoo
Can anyone translate the gist of the 458 vs. 4.0 test posted above? Obviously the 458 is faster in a straight line but I would be interested to read the comments regarding the handling of the two cars. Thanks!
The 458 is faster in the straight line and around the track, they also say that the 458 is perfectly combining track capability with everyday driving qualities,whereas the RS 4.0 is stiff and loud and less enjoyable for normal cruising.

The RS 4.0 simply is a roadlegal race car which delivers the ultimate racing experience/feeling..little to no noise reduction so that you hear all the mechanical noises,the loud rattling flywheel and the tires etc. The 458 on the other hand is a very fast exotic that does all that with less excitement and obvious effort...the 4.0 RS is a car for men that like to work hard and feel everything precisely.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
...The RS 4.0 simply is a roadlegal race car which delivers the ultimate racing experience/feeling..little to no noise reduction so that you hear all the mechanical noises,the loud rattling flywheel and the tires etc...
I think we all know about the compromises living with the 3.8RS. I had to pick a buddy up from manhattan on my way to the race track. Painful experience. I'm curious about how the motor compares, power delivery between the two etc. Any mention of that?

Last edited by s4awd; 08-06-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
f430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
AP is one of the most genuine ppl, and actually sincerely very funny and humble people- I've ever met. What EVER PAG pays him, clearly, is not enough!!

I cannot believe that guy WON the contest?? wtf... lol
I agree myself, Golden crust and another GT3 client met him at goodwood last year, very nice guy.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
f430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura aboutf430challenge has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GT3RS
OK I will be there if it’s a nice day. Mine was always due at the end of July, I can't remember the build week, but that is the way Porsche schedule cars for production I think. Don't get too twitchy I am sure all will be well, I heard they have used all the best engines already maybe you will get a 3.8 in yours
Oh my god don't get Golden Crust started!!!! :-)

Old 08-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
triptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ECB
The 458 is faster in the straight line and around the track, they also say that the 458 is perfectly combining track capability with everyday driving qualities,whereas the RS 4.0 is stiff and loud and less enjoyable for normal cruising.

The RS 4.0 simply is a roadlegal race car which delivers the ultimate racing experience/feeling..little to no noise reduction so that you hear all the mechanical noises,the loud rattling flywheel and the tires etc. The 458 on the other hand is a very fast exotic that does all that with less excitement and obvious effort...the 4.0 RS is a car for men that like to work hard and feel everything precisely.
Thanks for the summary. It will be interesting to see the 4.0 supertest and compare its figures to those of the 458.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:55 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks ECB!!!

Quick Reply: Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Video + Press Shots)