Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Video + Press Shots)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Golden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished road
got call from mr eniffer from the dealership today, car built and hopefully about 10 days away, any more black on white shots out there yet?

Old 07-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
Just drove the 4.0 and GT2RS on the little handling track at Silverstone today what great cars they both are!! It's only a little 1 mile thing but hats off to the Porsche instructors they let you have a go but you don't get out of third. The 4.0 is a great car and in just a few corners you feel right at home, even more so for those in the USA as the only car they have is the left hooker from the Goodwood preview. From the limited experience you can get from these sort drives, I think the car should please all the owners who are lucky enough to have one coming. Great extra grunt from the 4.0 engine, steel brakes handled what was thrown at them, only my limited exposure to LHD shifting spoilt what was a nice chance to try at full throttle the car that will need running in a few weeks from now.

What a lump that GT2RS has amazing power with the rear wheels constantly hunting for traction, but never quite finding enough to stop the flickering traction light reminding you to be gentle with your right foot. When the car hooks up it really is incredibly fast. The 4.0 can get it's power down much earlier in the corner but if the straight is long the 2RS will end up at the next corner first.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Golden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished road
did my drive last mon, totally agree with mr gt3rs, i think from visual wow factor the black test car with white gold wheels dont help on the gt2rs,bland and i think at this level its just as much about the look of the thing that makes it special,the 4.0 looks the nuts in white ,showing off the red alcantara, personal taste, for a little bit extra i,ll take the 4.0 and and a deisel cayenne for the miss,s to follow me in.as a loaded gt2rs not far off the mark cost wise and to me when i go to le man or sebring you no your driveing part of the real thing. look forward to mr rsmans pics of the factory car black on white.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Because I said so.
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Ugh..... droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ol

Old 07-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Golden Crust
got call from mr eniffer from the dealership today, car built and hopefully about 10 days away, any more black on white shots out there yet?

Please post yours when you get it. My black/white will not be finished till Aug. 31st. Do you know what your production number is yet? (I.E. #... of 600)

-Troy

Old 07-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
It will at least be nicer that Pete's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol...

Thats ok, I will be caressing the apexes while you guys are caressing the walrus... What is it that you have to have, that is going to cost sooo much, and delay delivery into next year? Just submit the darn order and buy something locally to customize whatever it is that you want? Or is this car going to be parked immediately in your museum?

We are going to have fun when we are on track together (If you ever proceed with your orders!) Wish I could say more but I can't...

Old 07-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
LOL. My production is September. Not next year.
I have a Cup Car. I got your apex caressing right here hanging.....

No museum. I will drive it. Looking forward to it. You know what they say. Once you go NA, you don't go back.

I just did PTS and that was approved a while ago. I didn't check the "walrus penis leather" box this time. So I'm good. I've asked for a graphics color change, but IDC if they do it or not. Cheaper in Texas than to get Porsche to do it. By like $5k prox.

Last edited by GTCole; 07-19-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3RS
What a lump that GT2RS has amazing power with the rear wheels constantly hunting for traction, but never quite finding enough to stop the flickering traction light reminding you to be gentle with your right foot. When the car hooks up it really is incredibly fast. The 4.0 can get it's power down much earlier in the corner but if the straight is long the 2RS will end up at the next corner first.
Nice write-up, thanks GT3RS!

Agreed on the 2RS as well. Until you have driven one, it is difficult to appreciate just how hard it hits when it comes on the boost. No "winner" here amongst the 3RS/2RS/4.0. All are phenomenal cars and kudos to Porsche and Andreas Preuninger for taking them from fantasy to reality.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by GTCole
I have a Cup Car. I got your apex caressing right here hanging.....

Old 07-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by savyboy
I knew you would like that one.

Quick Reply: Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Video + Press Shots)