Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Video + Press Shots)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
More white with black wheels

GT3RS 4.0 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Here is the interesting thing about that car. It's white, but it has a black roll bar. You eagle-eyed readers should have noticed all the white press cars have had white roll bars.

So is the roll bar a customer add-on? Does black wheel spec'ed ROW cars come with cage to match? Or or or?

Fun to speculate about even thought it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
More white with black wheels

GT3RS 4.0 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Originally Posted by nizer
Ugh. I was all set on White with black wheels but then I saw these photos and the cover of Excellence mag with Silver wheels and now I'm leaning to silver wheels again. I'll get locked soon and the vacillating will be over - like musical chairs but a lot more fun....
My thought- you can easily find and add silver or black wheels from the various suppliers. But white wheels will be more of a challenge. One reason why I went with white. Another is because it is the one color I don't have!

Last edited by savyboy; 07-11-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by savyboy
Here is the interesting thing about that car. It's white, but it has a black roll bar. You eagle-eyed readers should have noticed all the white press cars have had white roll bars.

So is the roll bar a customer add-on? Does black wheel spec'ed ROW cars come with cage to match? Or or or?

Fun to speculate about even thought it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

theres was an option for black cage on the 3.8 rs

Old 07-12-2011, 06:26 AM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
No cost option to spec black rollcage, I think it looks good with the black cage and wheels.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
One reason why I went with white. Another is because it is the one color I don't have!
But your garage is a mini dealership.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by tips
theres was an option for black cage on the 3.8 rs
Originally Posted by GT3RS
No cost option to spec black rollcage, I think it looks good with the black cage and wheels.
Ah- thank you gentleman. I learned something new

In the us we can't spec a Clubsport package so we can't see the associated options.

Originally Posted by GTCole
But your garage is a mini dealership.
I am just a wannabe compared to you!

Old 07-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I am just a wannabe compared to you!
Noone believes you......

Old 07-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Golden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished road
mr gt3rs have you settled on your spec? drove the car at test centre as you have or will, white wheels filty with tyre and break dust after my session, who was your dealer local to us in essex?colchester telling me at final check point next monday.be good to see you at the brekie club when yours turns up,be rare to see two 4.0 together.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:07 AM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Golden Crust
mr gt3rs have you settled on your spec? drove the car at test centre as you have or will, white wheels filty with tyre and break dust after my session, who was your dealer local to us in essex?colchester telling me at final check point next monday.be good to see you at the brekie club when yours turns up,be rare to see two 4.0 together.
I have speced mine almost the same as you I think. White, black wheels, steel rotors, black cage, black and black inside, carbon console + nav and a few other bits. Mine is from Reading and due for completion about the same time as yours Look forward to comming over when I have it, my 996RS is SORN as I only use it on track now.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:44 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Golden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished roadGolden Crust is on a distinguished road
that pic on page 47 with the car next to the lorry works so well,i kept the white cage as the race cars are always white cage body etc,had the debate on what alcantara colour to have,settled with the red due to making it a bit more bespoke to this car.got full leather so get door panels and glove box in black alcantara,are you getting down to the chelmsford beer fest this weekend?brentwood have a stand.

Quick Reply: Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Video + Press Shots)