Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Video + Press Shots)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 03:32 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Spike will become famous soon enoughSpike will become famous soon enoughSpike will become famous soon enoughSpike will become famous soon enoughSpike will become famous soon enoughSpike will become famous soon enoughSpike will become famous soon enoughSpike will become famous soon enoughSpike will become famous soon enough
+1000 for Orange ! Thx

Old 05-02-2011, 04:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SG
How about using the orange or green colors from the 997.1 RS's ?
Originally Posted by Spike
+1000 for Orange ! Thx
Finally someone who would like to see orange too

Old 05-02-2011, 04:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute

Aqua blue perfection, this color pops in the sun like nothing else. Credit goes to Alex Bellus for the original photo.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:08 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
I think the color must be chosen also considering how you intend to use the car...
To go shopping all combos are ok, but if you want to use the RS4.0 on his natural track-enviroment then a less delicate color (like for example white) should be considered...

Old 05-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Member
pmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura aboutpmpsch has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Carrera
Yet again, thanks guys!

Sorry for the delay (how 'bout them Yankees?), here are Maritime, and Meteor.

Very nice as always! good stuff buddy...
Could you please put on black wheels on the meteor? Thanks!

Old 05-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
I hope adaptive headlights are available on this car (they weren't for the 2RS). They make the front end look more fresh IMO.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic

Aqua blue perfection, this color pops in the sun like nothing else. Credit goes to Alex Bellus for the original photo.
Is this a real PTS GT3 RS 4.0 or are the grey details photoshopped on a regular RS?

Old 05-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
Is this a real PTS GT3 RS 4.0 or are the grey details photoshopped on a regular RS?
Here's what Felix said under the image, "Aqua blue perfection, this color pops in the sun like nothing else. Credit goes to Alex Bellus for the original photo."

So, yes..it's photoshopped.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ludas
WOAH first GT3RS 4.0 has been delivered and is a PTS car?

sorry i just couldn't resist

It is a photoshop

Old 05-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Congrats to all the TSers getting this car, I'm sure it's going to be amazing.

I still think visually they missed the mark here and had a chance to make it look at least a little more special and different than the rs 3.8. Despite the engine and chassis refinements I do not believe it justifies a 50k premium over the normal RS.

Regarding the chris harris video a number of pages back - I'm kinda annoyed on behalf of GT2rs owners at what preuninger says in the video. First of all is it me or does he seem not that excited? Second, I think its a slap in the face to 2RS owners to say that unpainted carbon fiber is lighter and represents lightweight savings - it is obvious they were developing this car while the 2RS was being released and the bare carbon was being praised for its weight savings. Not saying that he is being inaccurate, I just find this all a bunch of annoying bull$hit marketing speak that will ring true until they release the next car with bare carbon again. Also they probably shouldn't have mounted dynamic headlamps if they wanted to save weight.

I'm curious as to this claim that painted carbon fiber weighs less than bare resin coated carbon fiber. We'll leave pagani out of this since their carbon fiber is manipulated down to the weave and can vary in weight greatly. I recall reading a long time ago (any f40 or f50 owners feel free to correct me) that despite the f40 having unsealed, painted carbon panels, they still weighed more than the respective pieces for the f50, which had been sealed and then painted. The reason the f50 weighed more overall had mostly to do with the engine and running gear and extra reinforcement for the open top. So I'm not exactly sure about Preuninger's claim although obviously he would know more about this than me.

Quick Reply: Officially Official: The New Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (Video + Press Shots)