Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera GT at SPA with Supersports !

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wtdoom
... I was able to run against a club racer in a Ferrari 599 GTO which you will be happy to hear the CGT completely and utterly annihilated ( I really dislike that bloated barge that Ferrari dares name with the hallowed GTO initials ). ...
Now I don't feel so guilty for cancelling my allocation as result of getting the CGT.

Great write up and amazing images. Thanks for taking the time for the enjoyable read and sharing your experiences with us!

Old 03-29-2011, 02:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really nice
Thanks for sharing the fun with us, and glad to see another exotic in its natural habitat

gorgeous CGT, and seems like you had a blast, keep enjoying that car for the rest of us

-AJ

Old 03-29-2011, 06:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
On Board Video

Thanks for all the nice comments . I was able to get this video from a passenger lap I gave . My friend who was kind enough to put his camera in the car has just sent this to me . Hope you enjoy ( sorry I only know how to put the link ) :

YouTube - mojomediaUK's Channel

Looking at the vid now ( ok so im not driving particularly smoothly ) but its amazing how interactive the CGT is . Pity for cars to loose this , a great pity indeed ...

Last edited by wtdoom; 03-29-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
So much win! Looks like a great couple of track days! Glad to hear you're enjoying the tires.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
The best Porsche out there....

Old 03-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
YOU ARE A VERY BRAVE MAN!! And you have very quick hands with great driving skills.

BTW - Thanks for posting a nice review on the Supersports. The tires sound very very impressive.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to all
I watch a lot of racing and been to a lot of race tracks. No other series of corners can get me as worked up as Eau Rouge.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing thread, pictures and video
Thanks so much for sharing, I can only dream to have a similar experience one day.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely great write up! Finally the Carrera GT has some NEW tires that fit instead of ones from 2003. You should really consider getting Walter Roehrl to take your car around the 'Ring, video confirmation and all. I bet he could pull off a 7:20 with these tires...

Old 03-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
ur da man!! Love to see u taking the CGT to do things i will never dare!

switched to pzeros a year back when they have our sizes and they too are much better than stock PS2s, so will wait for my pzeros to wear out and try urs.

but its amazing to see what u are doing with urs, i only drive mine on mountain backroads and sad to say its the slowest of all my cars, 'cause im too chicken sh!t and i cant drive.

Originally Posted by wtdoom
I have just got back from 2 great days at spa with the Carrera gt and the new Michelin Supersports tyres....

Quick Reply: Carrera GT at SPA with Supersports !