Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mike's GT2 RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Knox
Congrats Mike! Can't wait to see it. Subscribed.
Thanks Knox!

Originally Posted by mtechnik
Congrats, Mike! You're the man. Guards Red is the color for this one. Looking forward to pics!
Thank you mtechnik

Originally Posted by sal
The beginning to yet another epic thread by Mike. Looks like you have it perfectly spec'd out. Once again, enjoy it because you are living the dream.

Definitely in for delivery pics and for the rest of the stable. Congrats!
Haha, not yet just yet - still getting there

Stable pics I can do now, but I would only able to get 1/3 of them together as they are all split up at the moment. Logistically it would be very difficult with the current setup. Some are on the other side of the country When the new residence is done, I'm moving them to all under one roof. I promise you pics of the complete stable next year

Originally Posted by F1-LH
Congrats on the pickup! Hope you enjoy the "beast". The spec you have is just absolutely beautiful... wish you a good time and good speeds in that thing!
Keep us posted as you get info.. subscribed without question.
Thank you F1-LH!

Originally Posted by ctzn
A huge congrats, very excited for you!

Great spec as well, very appropriate. Look forward to delivery pics!
Thanks ctzn!

Originally Posted by slavik
absolutely awesome...sounds like its spec'd out nicely....congrats again!
Thanks again slavik!

Originally Posted by Zeus
Congrats Mike, you're livin' the dream!

Do xenon beams really add 6kg of weight over the halogen bulbs?
Thanks Zeus, amazingly it seems like that. They also offer the lightweight battery which I left out. I didn't think $3k option was worth the few pounds. I also need to replace batteries every 4-6 years on all the cars. Don't want to fork out $4k to replace a battery in future Plus I'm not a hardcore track junkie.

Originally Posted by GrayTT
CongratZ Mike!!!!!!
Looks great in red with the gold wheels.... All black inside?

Don't mean to be a pain but... With the Carbon fenders you will get a great finish around the wheels (on the fender) but on the bumper and the side skirt the arches will be glued...
Can you order the sports plus without the NAV in SA? Cause a friend here was told no...
Thanks Hani!
The interior is the red/black alcantara (although on my spec sheet it still says leather for some reason, already double checked with dealer and this is in order).

Concerning the fenders, I saw both options in person and I must say the carbon fenders flow far better. Especially where it joins the side skirts. The normal fender doesn't flow AT ALL with the side skirt IMO. You will see what I mean when you see them back to back as I did. Made it a no brainer (plus weight saving ).

Over here it is possible to order sport chrono without NAV. However, options etc. can vary from region to region. I don't know whether your dealer isn't as clued up or informed, but it's definitely available to do that here.

Last edited by Mike S; 10-07-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Old 10-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
daedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond reputedaedalus has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Mike! Another great addition to your ever growing stable!

Old 10-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, I couldn't be happier for you Pal. Enjoy in the best of health and spirits! This will be a great addition to an already stellar stable of trophies.

Old 10-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Mike am kinda jealous of you tbh.... BUT HUGE CONGRATS

Old 10-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bonita
Mike am kinda jealous of you tbh.... BUT HUGE CONGRATS
Your jealous....That's an understatement for me. CGT AND GT2 rs.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! Very happy for you !

What exactly are the carbon fenders? Are they painted body color?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Thats great Mike, should be there in about a month or so ? Can't wait for you to experience the "Beast"

Old 10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
I guess this is what they call ''the life", and you're as heck living it Mike! Can't wait wait for RS vs. CGT comparison. Congrats!!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by burnzie
Can't wait wait for RS vs. CGT comparison.
In order for a comparison Mike will have to DRIVE the CGT.

Quick Reply: Mike's GT2 RS thread