Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming (https://teamspeed.com/forums/gadgets-electronics-home-theater-gaming/)
-   -   Battlefield 3 Trailer (MUST see) (https://teamspeed.com/forums/gadgets-electronics-home-theater-gaming/56351-battlefield-3-trailer-must-see.html)

QYKSLVR 07-28-2011 04:08 AM

if you preordered MoH Im pretty sure you get an invite.

crazy1323 07-28-2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt (Post 899514)
Looks freaking sweet! Lighting has come such a long way in the past few years in games. I'm gonna have to let the Eyefinity setup take this one so I can drool over the graphics.

Nothing against the PS3, but 5760 X 1080 looks a whole hell of a lot sweeter than just little old 1080p! ;)

You better have some horsepower to drive that!! I've got an SR-2 with dual X5680's and triple GTS 580's. (all water-cooled)

I do 5760 X 1200 and it is great.

*SIDE NOTE*
If you have never used a multi-monitor setup for either productivity or gaming, DO NOT try it unless you have the desk space. Once you have used a multi-monitor setup you cannot go back to a single monitor.

When it comes to IT and productivity, the single most influential spec is number of pixels, not processor speed, memory, or anything else.

GuessWho 07-28-2011 01:37 PM

Invite with MoH.

Smoky 07-28-2011 01:47 PM

Thanks for the vids! The graphics looks killer.

I got my invite and I made no pre order. I think if you've registered with their site with the "right answers" on their survey then you get picked.

The tank play looks pretty sick. I've been wanting a good tank game. I was playing Steel Beasts Pro for a while but it's a bit TOO technical. And the graphics aren't great (worse than ArmA). But it's a study sim so you forgive that. Still, BF3's tank play seems a little arcade-y. For instance, did anyone else find it odd that the tank shoots straight at an enemy instead of calculating trajectory? Even back in the side-scrolling days of Atari games you had to deal with trajectory physics to make tank battle entertaining.

Then again, Battlezone was pretty fun... maybe it'll be like to some extent.

I just hope 3 is less buggy than BF2. I gave up trying to play BF2 because of all the bugs and online glitchiness.

GuessWho 07-28-2011 01:57 PM

I noticed the trajectory as well.

In BF2 you have to take it into account, at least in MP you do.

Chris from Cali 07-28-2011 02:16 PM

Looks good - I couldn't tell but it looked like you can run co-op in campaign mode. That would be fun...

Sutler 07-28-2011 06:14 PM

I didn't preorder MOH and I got an invite. I don't even remember signing up for the Alpha, to be honest. I'm only running it on 1600x900 but the graphics are still great.

Mietek23 07-29-2011 09:04 PM

For the last two years I bought CoD, but this year it will change. BF3 is a must-have. This game seems to have everything in a perfect balance.