Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Ferrari Super Cars (https://teamspeed.com/forums/ferrari-super-cars/)
-   -   Top Gear: Schumacher as the Stig drives one lap with FXX (https://teamspeed.com/forums/ferrari-super-cars/25076-top-gear-schumacher-stig-drives-one-lap-fxx.html)

ECB 06-22-2009 05:36 PM

that car is so sick!!!

7 sec on such a short track is really really much!

But the Ferrari policy on FXX cars is just stupid..

brnsrgn 06-22-2009 05:49 PM

no Ferrari is n ot stupid, they are making a ton of $$ on this deal.

tractorcrusher 06-22-2009 05:55 PM

The all black FXX is so damn awesome... and yeah it's not really fair because it is his own car and he's had plenty of track time with it.

Who cares though.

ECB 06-22-2009 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by brnsrgn (Post 346930)
no Ferrari is n ot stupid, they are making a ton of $$ on this deal.

of course they do..
But I didn`t mean Ferrari is stupid,but I think telling people what to do or not to do with their own cars and people having to be grateful to be allowed to drive their cars is not exactly something to appreciate much..
I`m probably not familiar with this "supercar world",but the customer - company relation is like 180 degrees turned and upside down

anyway..
I loved the part with Schumacher..such a cool guy.
And the drinking pics were quite a funny suprise;)

BigE 06-22-2009 07:05 PM

1:10.7 was the same time as the Caparo T1. The Aston Martin DB9 - S race car did it in 1:12.something. That was a REALLY impressive lap. I was shocked at the corner entry speed and how early and hard he was able to get on the throttle.

It is obvious that Shumi is not The Stig, it was a prank for the FXX lap. For starters, different gloves, and Schumi grips the wheel differently than the Stig, Schumi appears to have longer arms and most importantly, Schumi uses much different lines around the track than the Stig.

Awesome clip. I watched it several times. :D

Hernando 06-24-2009 09:11 PM

WTF!?! I missed it. BBC has taken it off the air! I hate that sooooo much. I wanted to see it.

h-bo 06-25-2009 01:38 AM

was the fxx on road tyres? the "normal" fxx wouldn't be.. it was amazing episode. in any case.

also agree that schumi is not the stig.. different driving style... his posture was also noticeably different.

so next episode they have no stig again, or schumi doesn't wear a mask? they will say... actually the real stig was orbiting the moon and couldn't make it.. or something like that.... i imagine.

Schwabe 06-25-2009 11:40 AM

Question now is really the FXX that much faster then the next car or is Schumi that much better then whoever is the current Stig.

and you can download the episode here as one of the members here was so nice to host it:

TOP GEAR EPISODES

tractorcrusher 06-25-2009 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by h-bo (Post 348965)
also agree that schumi is not the stig.. different driving style... his posture was also noticeably different.

Hasn't the case already been made that the Stig is a combination of various professional drivers? There never will be one Stig, scheduling is impossible.

BigE 06-25-2009 11:44 AM

The FXX matched the Caparo T1 time. The FXX had to have been on track slicks that were properly heated up. The corner entry speeds were unreal and he got on the throttle early and hard coming out of the corners. The FXX is 800+ hp and would have roasted street tires with that much throttle applied mid corner......