Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Diablo | Countach (https://teamspeed.com/forums/diablo-countach/)
-   -   1980 Lamborghini Athon? (https://teamspeed.com/forums/diablo-countach/58908-1980-lamborghini-athon.html)

zeeshan66 05-11-2011 12:41 PM

1980 Lamborghini Athon?

Came across this add while skimming through Hemmings...weird i've never heard or seen it before. It has a lamb sticker on the front but it also carries Bertone badging so looks like it could be a one off produced by Bertone. its a really radical design for the 80's.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...9542-562-0.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...9538-562-0.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...9543-562-0.jpg

Hemmings Motor News: Lamborghini for sale

According to the add: 1980 Lamborghini Athon

Offered at auction Chassis No.
S155/01

"260 bhp, 2,996 cc transverse mid-mounted 90° V-8 DOHC, four inverted twin-choke Weber 40 DCNF carburettors, five-speed manual gearbox, independent suspension front and rear with McPherson struts, coil springs and hydraulic dampers with anti-roll bars, Dual-circuit hydraulic brakes, 278 mm discs all around. Wheelbase: 2,455 mm (96.6'')."

Anyone know how many there are or what their worth?

quickZohsix 05-11-2011 12:51 PM

its the same size, shape, and color as my original Mitsubishi cell phone.

Alzilla 05-11-2011 01:53 PM

I think Bertone cleared out some of their old one-offs at an auction recently. There were a handful of old Lambo concept cars that went across the block at a recent RM auction. I can't remember what the price was for this one.

allanlambo 05-11-2011 07:27 PM

One off based on the lamborghini silhouette

Ridgback 05-17-2011 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by allanlambo (Post 960610)
One off based on the lamborghini silhouette

As the man says a concept, also as a point of interest Athon is ancient Egyptian meaning "hymn to the sun".

I'm full of useless information!!!!!!

SL55K 05-18-2011 04:14 AM

Looks like a retarded Testarossa from the back

mannnu81 05-18-2011 01:21 PM

Pedestrian slasher. The back looks good, but the front needs to go

NGJR 05-18-2011 01:48 PM

Looks goofy as hell but I'd still rock it.

AxerJk 07-11-2011 11:07 PM

It is bizarre looking, but I still love it. It makes me sad that Bertone sold it, I really wanted to go to the museum and see those cars, including this one.

Chris

KristofD10 07-12-2011 11:07 AM

I've been to the Lamborghini Museums, not only the one where everybody goes but also the one where almost nobody goes, the Ferrucio Lamborghini museum and there where a lot of one-offs so it's probably a real Lamborghini.
I like the car, it looks really futuristic for the 80's.

sinan 07-12-2011 11:26 AM

Looks like a space shuttle. I wonder what the designers were smoking.

AxerJk 07-12-2011 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by KristofD10 (Post 1017117)
I've been to the Lamborghini Museums, not only the one where everybody goes but also the one where almost nobody goes, the Ferrucio Lamborghini museum and there where a lot of one-offs so it's probably a real Lamborghini.
I like the car, it looks really futuristic for the 80's.

It is indeed a real Lamborghini. This one was in the Bertone museum though, and it was recently auctioned off.

Where is the Ferrucio Lamborghini museum? I need to find out more!

Chris

KristofD10 07-12-2011 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by AxerJk (Post 1017132)
It is indeed a real Lamborghini. This one was in the Bertone museum though, and it was recently auctioned off.

Where is the Ferrucio Lamborghini museum? I need to find out more!

Chris

Ferruccio Lamborghini Museum - Photo Gallery

Here's a link to the website.
You MUST call before you go and make an appointment, that's the only way you can visit it.
You better also give him some money at the end, because they don't really do this for everyone :D
It's really all about Ferrucio Lamborghini himself, there are even tractors and some personal stuff, whats really cool is that the head of the bull Miura is hung above Ferrucio Lamborghini's personal Miura SV.
I've you want more info, feel free to send a PM. And let me know when you've seen it :)

AxerJk 07-12-2011 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by KristofD10 (Post 1017356)
Ferruccio Lamborghini Museum - Photo Gallery

Here's a link to the website.
You MUST call before you go and make an appointment, that's the only way you can visit it.
You better also give him some money at the end, because they don't really do this for everyone :D
It's really all about Ferrucio Lamborghini himself, there are even tractors and some personal stuff, whats really cool is that the head of the bull Miura is hung above Ferrucio Lamborghini's personal Miura SV.
I've you want more info, feel free to send a PM. And let me know when you've seen it :)

Thank you very much!!

I see the 350GTV Prototype in there, that is one of my favorite cars ever! It may be a while before I get to visit, but I definitely need to at some point.

Chris

lambocars 08-19-2011 09:10 AM

The Lamborghini Athon is indeed a one-off prototype built by Bertone and kept in their museum afterward ... After going bankrupt they were forced to auction some of the more important prototypes because the Bertone heirs couldn't afford to buy them on their own if I'm not mistaking.

Do note the 350GTV at the Ferruccio museum is a wooden mockup, the 'real' 350GTV finished in green is located in the factory museum at Sant'Agata ... If you are in that area do make an appointment for the Ferruccio museum in Cento, perhaps it isn't as impressive as the factory museum, but it is so special and different you just have to visit it ... photographing is hell though, not much light inside, so take a tripod with you.

AxerJk 08-19-2011 12:11 PM

Ahh, well that makes me happy that they still have the original 350GTV, I thought they sold it to someone in Japan. I definitely need to get over there!

Chris