Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Detailing & Paint Protection (https://teamspeed.com/forums/detailing-paint-protection/)
-   -   Just joined... (https://teamspeed.com/forums/detailing-paint-protection/8894-just-joined.html)

Ivan Rajic 07-20-2008 11:21 PM

Just joined...

I was invited here by Moe to join mainly the detailing forum (I am a BMW nut though so I'll be there as well, maybe more haha, sorry Moe) and contribute whatever I can, although he can probably answer most of the questions without any help.

I'm an Architect as far as career goes but I have been detailing in the Chicago land area for the past 2-3 years on a regular basis, as kind of a side business. I can't stick to only one thing when it comes to work (I also do some graphic design, electrical work, painting, soccer tutoring, etc. on the side) so I'll probably be incorporating my business and making something out of it, something like a huge side business to go along with Architecture haha.

As for cars, I'm a huge BMW enthusiast and my favorite car, actually kinda my dream car, is an E36 M3, preferably 98-99, yellow or red. I'm working hard toward picking up that dream car before the end of this year but finances haven't been great and I can't even find a good example to pull the trigger on... in any case, just wanted to introduce myself and I hope I can contribute something to this forum.

Thanks for the invite Moe!

Bluestrike2 07-21-2008 12:29 AM

That darned Moe... inviting people. What nerve!

All kidding aside, welcome! I look forward to reading your posts & learning about your approaches - the more opinions, the better I always say (unless they disagree with me :smilie:).

Joking, joking.

I'm an Architect as far as career goes but I have been detailing in the Chicago land area for the past 2-3 years on a regular basis, as kind of a side business. I can't stick to only one thing when it comes to work (I also do some graphic design, electrical work, painting, soccer tutoring, etc. on the side) so I'll probably be incorporating my business and making something out of it, something like a huge side business to go along with Architecture haha.
I know exactly how you feel; I'm the same way. Photography, Graphics Design, Web Design, etc.

Ivan Rajic 07-21-2008 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bluestrike2 (Post 114859)
That darned Moe... inviting people. What nerve!

All kidding aside, welcome! I look forward to reading your posts & learning about your approaches - the more opinions, the better I always say (unless they disagree with me :smilie:).

Joking, joking.

I know exactly how you feel; I'm the same way. Photography, Graphics Design, Web Design, etc.

Haha yea those dumb opinions that differ from yours!

As for work, I honestly always want to learn about EVERYTHING... so I've been doing people's brakes, spark plugs, etc. on various cars, then detailing then all the above... just whatever I can do haha. At least you're doing some stuff that you can put together as a career, I'm all over the damn place... oh well

JoshVette 07-21-2008 02:37 AM

Yup, Moe got me here too, I think this will be a great forum for learning....you can see by my avatar that I'm here to help in any way as well.:welcome:

Ivan Rajic 07-21-2008 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by JoshVette (Post 114897)
Yup, Moe got me here too, I think this will be a great forum for learning....you can see by my avatar that I'm here to help in any way as well.:welcome:

Thanks... good to have you here as well... I always wanted to know what it would be like to gather the best from autopia, etc. and put them together to talk about detailing... hopefully this comes close to that over time

littlebulldogg 07-21-2008 09:25 AM

Welcome to the board Ivan. That E36 is just around the corner!

MoeMistry 07-21-2008 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by lecchilo (Post 114901)
Thanks... good to have you here as well... I always wanted to know what it would be like to gather the best from autopia, etc. and put them together to talk about detailing... hopefully this comes close to that over time

That's my goal Ivan. I want the best this country, the world, has to offer to give our members advice. This forum will be a great asset to both the detailer and the consumer. Glad to have you on board.

Ivan Rajic 07-21-2008 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by MoeMistry (Post 114967)
That's my goal Ivan. I want the best this country, the world, has to offer to give our members advice. This forum will be a great asset to both the detailer and the consumer. Glad to have you on board.

Thanks. Yea I don't necessarily want people with same opinions using the same products, just mature detailers who have a decent amount of experience and can actually discuss products and techniques rather than simply promote certain products and be hardheaded haha

ot... I made a short video polishing a Jetta panel with a rotary... any particular place you'd like the link.. new thread, here, video section?

Barrister 07-25-2008 03:30 AM

Ivan is one of the best. He tells it how it is and makes the pro-side of detailing easier for us DIYers to understand. I always get a lot out of his advice. It is great to have you here at the TEAM Ivan. :friends:

This place keeps getting better and better.

Each time I start a detail I feel like giving a St. Crispians' Day speech - "Once more into the breach dear friends . . . . "

Ivan Rajic 07-25-2008 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Barrister (Post 116730)
Ivan is one of the best. He tells it how it is and makes the pro-side of detailing easier for us DIYers to understand. I always get a lot out of his advice. It is great to have you here at the TEAM Ivan. :friends:

This place keeps getting better and better.

Each time I start a detail I feel like giving a St. Crispians' Day speech - "Once more into the breach dear friends . . . . "

Thanks for the compliments man! Glad someone appreciates brutal honesty haha