Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2007 Range Rover HSE Restorative Correction

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 10:03 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
2007 Range Rover HSE Restorative Correction

Recently completed job in the shop, this Pre-owned vehicle was picked up by a new client as he sought me out to bring this vehicle back to the condition he wanted it to be. The vehicle had the usual issues a dark colored finish will experience in being a 2007 model year, the lurking problem was .............................hard water etch!!!.

As I seem to get vehicles like this more and more(Reputation established for correcting this awful problem) there would be over 50 hours spent total to correct this issue along with the correction and thorough cleaning of the entire vehicle..

After a thorough wash/decon I set about to correct the finish and started with the back gate area first as it was the area with the most difficulty with the factory lettering and tight confines.

Example of the marring on the finish.

There was a beautiful finish under there after all.

Working around the lettering was tedious as the option to remove them and re-apply a new set was not a option.

Another thing to attend to was one of the wheels was curbed, so the solution was to replace it with the pristine spare wheel, so I removed it and had my neighbor Alek from Alekshop dismount the tire and remount the tire from the damaged wheel.

Roadforce balanced.

New wheel mounted and torqued to factory spec(103ft/lbs).

Next task was to clean up the damaged wheel on the inner barrel before storing the wheel back in the trunk.

Task completed.

Now onto the "Horror" of water spot etch, this vehicle must have been hit with re-claimed water from a sprinkler and then left to BAKE for the next few years until I was able to correct this issue, the damage was everywhere even in the jambs.

During removal of the etch.

Not good.......................................(Unders tatement).

After.

50/50 on the glass.

Water spot removing gel applied(Mark V Splash).

Old 12-04-2011, 10:04 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Damaged rearview mirror.

50/50 correction shot.

Mirror corrected.

Glass polished.

Making sure the finish up top was as nice as the sides of the vehicle.

Hardwater etch removed from all the tight jamb areas and rubber seals.

Vehicle right before LSP was applied.

Job was complted in the evening so no "Sun pics" my infratech light was used to suffice.

Interior was not bad at all..................thank goodness.