Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Can anyone recommend a good detailer or shop in the NY/NJ/CT metro area???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Gotham Lush is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone recommend a good detailer or shop in the NY/NJ/CT metro area???

Can anyone suggest a good detailer or shop in the NY area? I am in westchester county but am open to driving to NJ or CT if need be...My wife got a 8 inch vertical scratch in her relatively new (5 month old) CTS... The scratch appears to be in the clear coat, as no paint is missing and it is totally smooth... It is just beyond my abilities I am afraid, I tried both 3m Rubbing Compound and Polishing compound with a orange pad on a porter cable working up to a speed of 6 and than some Wolfgang polish and glaze and it is a lot better, but still there.. I was hoping to use Executive as they did the ppf on it,and I was impressed with there work but they must be ultra busy with the Long Island expansion, no response via phone or email and I have tried to drop by twice at the bronx location and they have been all closed up???
Thanks

Last edited by Gotham Lush; 05-11-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-11-2011, 04:02 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-12-2011, 01:42 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
+ 2 for (Detailers Domain/ Phil site sponsor), and if he is booked Streetdreams(Dave aka smoke here on teamspeed)you would be in good hands with both.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Gotham Lush
Can anyone suggest a good detailer or shop in the NY area? I am in westchester county but am open to driving to NJ or CT if need be...My wife got a 8 inch vertical scratch in her relatively new (5 month old) CTS... The scratch appears to be in the clear coat, as no paint is missing and it is totally smooth... It is just beyond my abilities I am afraid, I tried both 3m Rubbing Compound and Polishing compound with a orange pad on a porter cable working up to a speed of 6 and than some Wolfgang polish and glaze and it is a lot better, but still there.. I was hoping to use Executive as they did the ppf on it,and I was impressed with there work but they must be ultra busy with the Long Island expansion, no response via phone or email and I have tried to drop by twice at the bronx location and they have been all closed up???
Thanks

Long Island location is closed

Old 05-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Thank you everyone for the info! I will keep you posted on how it turns out.... I wonder what is up with executive????

Old 05-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
sk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond reputesk8boy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rocketman
Long Island location is closed
really? how come? I thought they just opened it up..

Old 05-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Got in touch, with Executive today! The Bronx location has been expanded and is up an running! Thanks for all the recomendations!