Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2005 Ford GTX1

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 02:48 PM
TS Detailing Sponsor | Northeast
PresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to all
2005 Ford GTX1

Presidential Details of Lancaster PA is proud to offer the showing of a very rare car. This Car is a 2005 Ford GTX1. Some have may never heard of this car. while others have heard of a Ford GT. Then there are some who fully understand what this car is. The Ford GT was launch into production for a release year of 2005. During there production Ford Sold 4038 Ford GT’s. What makes this car so unique is this car was produced to have 750 horsepower and all design upgrades were done by The Genaddi Design Group. The Genaddi Design Group performed the US$48,000 aftermarket conversion. It included optional performance upgrades to the suspension, brakes, and aerodynamics, as well as an improved supercharger and exhaust line that increased power to 750 hp Plans called for 600 cars. 500 gtx1 cars and 100 sema edition in the special valencia orange color, but only 38 in total were ordered and production ended in August 2008. Now lets take it a step further So now we are working of only 1 of 38 cars produced in this model. Now knowing that Ford kept the 1st prototype for them selves. Makes the numbers better, Because now we are down to 37 cars like this exsist in the world today. What makes this car so unique. Well its number 2. Meaning that this is the first one off production and is considered highly collectable and valuable.

First let me saying its was a great honor for Presidential Details to be apart of this cars heritage. Anytime your company has the chance to help preserve a vehicle like this one today just feels good. The owner of this vehicle is a knowledge of automotive history. In his years as a collector he has owned several original Cobras. He was the owner of an original gt40 from the sixties and has many highly collectable cars under his belt. One of them being a Porsche 959. Not to make things public on him. I’ll let it at that. This write up will be a little shorter then most of mine as we didn’t have time to document as much as we would have because of time. The weather was moving in and we had to work outdoors. I apologize for that, but thought you would all like to see this one.

After about a 2.5 hour ride south to another state. Scott and I arrived to see first hand how this car looked. To my surprise the car gets driven and was dirty a little.

Here is how the car presented itself as we arrived.

Here you can see the keyhole had some normal grime.

The wheels were actually quite dirty.

The front bumper show signs of speed by the crushed bugs and the tail pipes obviously needed attened to as well.

We first stared with a wash using the 2 bucket method. For this Scott used Migliore Citro Shampoo with a micro fiber wash mitt.

While Scott was working on the paint. I began to clean the wheels. For the wheels I used 3D’s all purpose cleaner. This product was also used for the wheel wells and tires.

Area’s that had bit up wax and debris in tight area’s were also massage with 3D all purpose cleaner.

Once rinsed down the car was clayed and received another rinse, then was dried with new micro fibers.

Then everything got masked. Some of the car had some paint protection film. I actually used a new brand of tape by scotch called The edge. A little more exspensive but is stuck fast and tight, but was easily pulled off. I notice some painters tape generally doesn’t stick like masking tape, but this stuff is the shiit! Highly recommended for other detailers ready this.

Once taped the paint was examined. Overall the car had some random cosmetic flaws as well, while the owner asked for us not to show them prior to correction, I was how ever allowed to show the overall paint condition. It wasn’t bad at all Just some minor marring.

So we hit some spots with HD UNO and an orange foam pad on dual actions followed by HD UNO and a green pad.

The car was topped with two thin coats of Migliore Presidential. After removing the LSP. I worked on the exhaust tips. While Scott Polished the wheels. For all metal we used Mequiars metal polish and for the wheels Migliore Wheel Seal was used for protection. The tires were dressed with Migliore Bella Lustre Tire dressing.

While Scott worked on the Inter I worked on the Motor. The entire motor was cleaned by hand. This car had several autographs from the designers, So a delicate cleaning procedure was used. Nothing was dressed at all. It was left natural.

After some small final detailing, we called it a day and was left with our final product.

Here is what we ended up with. Pretty stunning if you ask me. Keep in mind it began to drizzle so I snapped the photos fast.

I have been using 3D’s final touch to do a final wipe down on motors recently and it gives a look for all motors. Here is another prime example from the Ferrari 458 detail we did.

PresidentialDetails.com 458 Detail

Here are the Final exterior pictures.

In conclusion I would like to thank the owner for his permission to write theis car up as well as Scott for all his hard work. Thanks for reading. It felt great to work on such a stunning piece of modern history.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Great car. Not feeling the rims.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:08 PM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Barry...looks very nice as the work is what is important not the wheels that are on the car(As if you had any say on that).

Old 05-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Auto Concierge
Barry...looks very nice as the work is what is important not the wheels that are on the car(As if you had any say on that).
I concur with this statement!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond repute
Great work!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
It's a car forum. Folks are going to comment on the wheels.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Barrister
It's a car forum. Folks are going to comment on the wheels.
I think we all know this, But if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all

Old 05-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
I think we all know this, But if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all
I never said anything bad about the work done just that I wasn't a fan of the rims. Sorry you disagree with my comment. This whole if you don't have anything nice to say is bs I'm allowed to have a opinion

Old 05-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I have to agree with Greg on this.

If you post it, you must be prepared to have it scrutinized.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:44 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Then bang Gennadi Design for the "Rapper wheels", throwing mud on a post without acknowledging the quality of the work by a well known correction guy in the detailing community is productive how?, no mention of the "Work" just that it is a great car with bad wheels.

Quick Reply: 2005 Ford GTX1