Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2009 Ferrari F-430 Scuderia detail

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 03:07 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
2009 Ferrari F-430 Scuderia detail

Just completed, the vehicle needed some work after being driven like a sportscar is supposed to be driven........hard.

The finish was in sad shape as Mario and his brothers in Marenello decided to let another Scud go out the door without a finish worthy of the price tag. This particular Ferrari had VERY hard paint, and it fought me a little but time was what was required and my new client wanted the best as the car will be entirely wrapped @ Premier this next week.

With this color(red) it was difficult to capture some of the problems with my new camera, so I used my old one and a few of the pics showed the defects but not as much as I would have liked.

The beginning........ outside pics as the car was dropped off.

Holograms.

Marring.

More buffer trails.

Some deep RIDS, later in the correction I would find X marks that had to be vandalism(which should carry the death penalty to deface this automotive beauty) which were sanded out(thank god).

The biggest challenge would come from touching up the chips on the front of the car(over 100 chips were touched up).

A little fallout was present as well.

One of the numerous parts of the car with factory sand scratches not compounded out...........(my shocked face at this development ).

Dry & scratchy.

Marred front bumper.

After first hit with the wool pad.

More factory sand scratch lovelyness.......

Compounded and levelled away.

Making headway, all in the total job would be just shy of 43 hours spent.

Challenge grill looking clear & glossy=tightness.

O.E badge removed, Premier will re-install as they are doing a full body wrap.

Aggressive compounding did smooth out some of the orange peel.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:08 AM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Ferrari detail cont....

Polycarbonate engine cover needed some work, carbon truss bars needed to removed to get entire area.

Looking good.

Finish is popping now, just before paint touch up step.

Start of a very long touch up procedure(late night action Saturday night 11:30 PM).

The white primer not showing through any longer.

As there would be no LSP due to the impending wrap I spent extra time fine polishing the finish.

Clarity showing with the engine showing thru on the engine cover window.

Marring on the carbon door shells.

The carbon weave coming thru.

Working the seat shells, as they were marred pretty good.

These two pics show the marring pretty well.

After.

SUN PIC TIME

Old 08-31-2010, 03:10 AM
Ferrari detail cont...

Brought back inside for interior pics.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:12 AM
Ferrari detail cont...

Engine pic.

Over to Premier, the sun came out a little better so here are a few more pics.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:01 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, Bob! Heck of a transformation.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:14 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ST Graveyard is an unknown quantity at this point
Just stunning!

Old 11-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
WOW amazing work.
Truly defines the phrase "attention to detail"

Old 11-24-2012, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura about
congrats , great work !