Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Detailing & Paint Protection (https://teamspeed.com/forums/detailing-paint-protection/)
-   -   How to make Teamspeed's Detail Board the Best on the web... (https://teamspeed.com/forums/detailing-paint-protection/11729-how-make-teamspeeds-detail-board-best-web.html)

DJ 10-08-2008 10:39 PM

How to make Teamspeed's Detail Board the Best on the web...

Would love to hear input on how we can differentiate our detail forum from every other site out there since we have done it on all other levels in my opinion and thanks to all of you of course for making that possible!

One Idea I had was to gather a group of official teamspeed authorized detailers that all need to be screened and pre-approved and be willing to offer TS Package rates.

Thoughts ?

ATL 10-08-2008 10:46 PM

We'll start by spelling detail the right way. ;) j/k DJ, keep up the good work.

chokeu2 10-08-2008 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche (Post 149011)
We'll start by spelling detail the right way. ;) j/k DJ, keep up the good work.

Fixed ;)

DJ 10-09-2008 12:11 AM

lol - thnx little tired today :)

MoeMistry 10-09-2008 09:54 AM

Well....we should get greater members involved in detailing. You guys have awsome cars, are enthusiasts when it comes to every aspect of cars, so lets get you fired up about detailing your cars as well.

What can we do to help you when it comes to detailing? :smilie: Right now, there has never been a time where finding an activity that can help relax you is so important. With all the negativity going on in the media about our economy, it's a wonder how some of us function. :goingcrazy:

For me, I always turn to what I love: Detailing. It's the most therapeutic and relaxing activity for me. I put on my Bose radio, set it to a smooth jazz station, pour a cup of coffee, and just dive in. Hours can go by and I don't notice. I zone out and travel to a place where I can think and clear my head. No emails, no phone calls, no one to bother me; just me and my truck. :HappyDance::HappyDance:

The products I use help also. When I clean the wheels, the spearmint oil in the zymol wheel cleaner permeates the air. The natural lemon scent from the soap has a calming effect every time I take a breath. When spraying Zymol Field Glaze wax, a sweet smell of coconut and banana travels to my nose. The journey has become the destination gentleman. :yup:And the icing on the cake...when I'm finished, I have a shiny, clean, and glistening truck to show for it. Talk about immediate gratification.

So if this doesn't get your juices flowing, not sure what will. :yahoo:Detailing can be such an amazing experience for yourself, or for those around you. You can hang out with your buddies, your neighbor, and more importantly, your son or daughter if you have children. Talk about a bonding time. :friends:So get out there guys, do something positive, I promise you, it'll make your worries go away for a while.

All We'll Drive 10-09-2008 09:55 AM

I think the authorized vendors is a good idea.

Personally I would also like to see more article style tips that the average person can use. Since I dont detail cars for a living its hard for me spend a day or two cleaning, claying, waxing, etc. If we could get a helpful tips article every so often that would be cool.

A product review section would be cool too

MoeMistry 10-09-2008 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by all We'll Drive (Post 149213)
i Think The Authorized Vendors Is A Good Idea.

Personally I Would Also Like To See More Article Style Tips That The Average Person Can Use. Since I Dont Detail Cars For A Living Its Hard For Me Spend A Day Or Two Cleaning, Claying, Waxing, Etc. If We Could Get A Helpful Tips Article Every So Often That Would Be Cool.

A Product Review Section Would Be Cool Too

Great Idea!!!!

SLC4S 10-09-2008 11:31 AM

unbiased product review threads would be great with opinions from the pros...
I spent 2 hours online a few weeks ago trying to find what would be the best cleaner for my dashboard and interior trim that wouldn't leave it all shiny and greasey and never found a really good answer.

TeamSpeed rates would be great, I've got people all over the country that I would love to buy a good detail for them for Christmas

tractorcrusher 10-09-2008 11:39 AM

Advertising... Take out ads with google specific to detailing, then have the link go straight to the detailing sub-forum on TS. It'll bring volume of both those interested in improving their skills, to those interested in showing off their trade.

The advertising will pay for itself rather quickly, bringing more members to the site which means more hit counts for TS's sponsors.

Hell, might as well advertise all of the major sub-forums like watches, boats, whatnot.

jox 10-09-2008 12:08 PM

Freebies (just because we have nice cars doesn't mean we aren't cheap) and weekly tips. And the forum needs to have a new car smell.