Notices
Classic Muscle Classic Muscle Car Discussion Forum.

Eleanor build for 30k? Possible?

Old 10-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Eleanor build for 30k? Possible?

Hello,

I've been looking at acquiring another toy and have been considering several options. I was between a high miles 996 Turbo and a 2006 M6. There are in the same price range. I've always dreamed of having an Eleanor Mustang and was wondering if it was possible to have a good one built for 30K and if someone knew of a shop that could do it within that budget. My requirements would be coil-over suspension, manual transmission, powerful motor and a decent interior. The ones Classic Recreations Makes are awesome but are out of my budget.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Old 10-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond repute
Ahhhhhhh.......no. There's a reason these kind of builds are pricey.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!MoeMonney You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Well whats the least I would be looking at to have a decent eleanor?

Old 10-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by MoeMonney
Well whats the least I would be looking at to have a decent eleanor?
Find one that someone has already built.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond repute
gah993 makes an excellent point!!

You have to consider that when you add up the cost of a car, motor & rebuild,suspension etc you are very easily at $30k. And that doesn't account for problems and delays.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Moe. There's no way you can build this for 30k. Absolutely no way. Sorry

Old 10-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Still Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond repute
Echoing everyone else, there is no chance of having someone else build this for 30k. If you do it yourself you would even be hard pressed to do it for 30k including the car. I have a good friend who re-works all of the old UP cars and the re-works alone run $60k-$150k.

You have to think about the base donor car, if you get one in tip-top shape you are sending 10-20k and then need to do all the body work, engine, coils etc. If you get one in poor condition you are looking at tons of cost in repairing rust, panels, etc.

I would say you could find a mediocre Elanor in the 60's based on what you are looking for, maybe less but it will have issues.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Terraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura about
^^Have to agree. Sorry OP, it's highly unlikely to build an "Eleanor" for $30K.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Just to put things in perspective, my shell has about 20k of work done on it already. It's going to cost 140k to build it from here on out

Old 10-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Still Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maxemus
Just to put things in perspective, my shell has about 20k of work done on it already. It's going to cost 140k to build it from here on out
My buddy was re-doing a late UP for a client, the body/paint work alone was $65k. They had to strip all of the fiberglass body work down to the bare shell, the rear flares were off over 2" between driver and passenger side....it was horrendous.

Maxemus....what are the specs of your build?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Eleanor build for 30k? Possible?