Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Celebrity Sightings | Clothing | Fashion (https://teamspeed.com/forums/celebrity-sightings-clothing-fashion/)
-   -   Need advice on a New North Face Jacket (https://teamspeed.com/forums/celebrity-sightings-clothing-fashion/2520-need-advice-new-north-face-jacket.html)

Still Lost 02-26-2008 08:28 AM

Need advice on a New North Face Jacket

So long story short my roommate borrowed and lost my NF Denali jacket and is finally getting around to buying me a new one (at the end of winter...doh).

Since it was a gift in the first place and I wasn't overly happy with it (color wise) I'm looking to change it up. I've seen Denali Summit Series jackets that look pretty nice and then other NF jackets that look more like a microfibre type material.

I would also consider a similar jacket from another company, like Patagonia etc.

So if you guys have a jacket I should consider or stay away from please post it up.

Price should be around $165

CarbonCycles 02-26-2008 10:12 AM

This is my opinion, but I'd stay away from Northface. The company was once well respected in the outdoor world, but when you start putting your name with Ford Explorer - Eddie Bauer North Face edition...well you get the point.

Three quality jackets I would recommend w/out a doubt: Arctyrex, Marmot and Mountain Hardware. Ppl who live and die by their clothing migrate towards these vendors for a reason.

Still Lost 02-26-2008 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by CarbonCycles (Post 36509)
This is my opinion, but I'd stay away from Northface. The company was once well respected in the outdoor world, but when you start putting your name with Ford Explorer - Eddie Bauer North Face edition...well you get the point.

Three quality jackets I would recommend w/out a doubt: Arctyrex, Marmot and Mountain Hardware. Ppl who live and die by their clothing migrate towards these vendors for a reason.

^^^yea I have some Moutain Harware and Marmont stuff for hiking and camping. I may stick w/ North Face just b/c it was a gift from my dad and I wouldn't want to stray too far from it. Either way I'm going to explore all options.

icruze 02-26-2008 11:49 AM

Marmot Sharp Point jacket ftw!

The second best would be the Marmot Gravity Jacket

Buy from Moosejaw.com. They have great customer service.

Still Lost 02-26-2008 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by icruze (Post 36571)
Marmot Sharp Point jacket ftw!

The second best would be the Marmot Gravity Jacket

Buy from Moosejaw.com. They have great customer service.

I think I'm going to pick up the Gravity Jacket, it looks like exaclty what I want in all black...thanks for the info!

Yep got the gravity jacket from Moosejaw...thanks for the imput!

icruze 02-28-2008 01:17 AM

I'm glad I could help. Enjoy the jacket and tell your roommate to keep his hands off of it.:nono:

Still Lost 02-28-2008 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by icruze (Post 37864)
I'm glad I could help. Enjoy the jacket and tell your roommate to keep his hands off of it.:nono:

just one of the many reasons I'm moving out in 3 weeks:HappyDance:

Geoff 02-28-2008 10:15 PM

i love my mountain hardwear monkey man jacket... way better then the TNF it replaced.

arcticboost 03-17-2008 04:29 PM

I had the north face "puffy" down. I ran it into the ground, served me well. I just picked up a Buffalo down jacket, so far, so good.

Just make sure its a reputable name, you should be fine. $165.00 is a fair price range.

M5Kid 05-03-2008 07:42 PM

I think The North Face makes great stuff, and I've got a few of their products. I actually like that they add some style and street appeal to their products. Get an Apex Bionic for $129, they are super versatile. I've got one in two shades of gray with the red zipper, which is pretty cool. You can get something similar that has a hood, which is nice as well.

Their warranty is awesome as well... I had a HyVent Alpha rain coat that I put in the wash without velcroing all the velcro straps and it roughed up one shoulder patch. I sent it to their warranty department (free shipping from the store) and they are now sending me a personal check for $250 (cost of now equivalent replacement). I'll probably buy a little lesser jacket from them, and pocket the rest.