Notices
Bentley | Rolls Royce | Land Rover Continental GT, GTC, Flying Spur, Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, Phantom & Land Rover Discussion Forum.

2013 Range Rover Makes American Auto Show Debut in L.A.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:23 AM
Teamspeed Editor
JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Post 2013 Range Rover Makes American Auto Show Debut in L.A.

2013 Range Rover Makes American Auto Show Debut in L.A.

by John Coyle

Land Rover’s all-new Range Rover debuted as most vehicles do—people watched as a sheet was pulled off it. But looking at the mesmerizing lines of its all-aluminum body, it’d be easy to mistake the luxurious off-roader for an extraterrestrial craft which had just popped in from the Outer Rings for a taco.

Naturally, the all-new Range Rover’s off-road proficiency will fall somewhere north of a tank, while the interior will swaddle the lucky occupants in enough burled English wood and buttery leather to furnish an 18th Century parlor. On the pavement, supercharged models—every Range Rover will get eight-speed gearboxes—will blast from zero to 60mph in 5.1 seconds. In case you just popped in from the Outer Rings, that’s frighteningly quick. It will also be able to wade through almost three feet of water.

While the gentle slope of the roof and the contrast against the lower body somehow make it look smaller than it is, out in the wild, the new Range Rover will probably approximate a locomotive in size. An elegant, beautiful locomotive. Sales will start in late 2012.

Check out the pictures below.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
I like it....
Waiting for the dealer to price one for me

Old 11-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Teamspeed Member
jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jhietter You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Car actually looks much better in person. It has a nice shape and stance. It is also very luxurious and refined.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
My dad's getting a white supercharged, really can't wait to see this thing in the flesh

Old 11-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by joshg120
My dad's getting a white supercharged, really can't wait to see this thing in the flesh
I'm also getting a white SC in Feb. Can't wait. I got to drive one of these new SC models and it is such a vast improvment over the last model. It rides so quiet, smooth, and stable. It doesn't just accelerate really fast it feels very jumpy and peppy like a ferrari. It is faster then my CTT was in stock form. C&D mag said it did 4.4Sec to 60mph. The interior is very nice, but the old interior was pretty grand also.
The commanding driving position and overall great feel of driving a RR is still there. I have had 2 previous models and really loved them all. No other SUV, I have had feels anything like it.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Most concerned about the interior. I love the interior in the current model and the feel of the buttons and knobs. This touch screen iPad bullshit leaves me on the fence.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
Most concerned about the interior. I love the interior in the current model and the feel of the buttons and knobs. This touch screen iPad bullshit leaves me on the fence.
The touch screen is very similar to what it already has, just faster and more functions of the buttons that used to be on the center console. The rest of the interior feels like a nice upgrade in terms of build quality and feel. It really feels more expensive and special. The previous model was no slouch either, so that is saying something.
The map display and ease of use of the NAV is not up to par with Audi, BMW and Porsche.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
my dad drove one last weekend and was more than convinced. according to him the interior quality and feeling are only comparable to bentley and rolls royce. he's probably going for white too

Old 11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Is it stuck in that puddle?

Old 11-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nice
this thing is a joke. the bi color makes it look so heavy and awkward. Much MUCH rather the last gen.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Range Rover Makes American Auto Show Debut in L.A.