Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Aviation (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aviation/)
-   -   SU-27 Flanker FOR SALE!!!! (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aviation/28830-su-27-flanker-sale.html)

Hernando 09-11-2009 03:35 PM

SU-27 Flanker FOR SALE!!!!

2 Attachment(s)
I found this SU-27 Flanker for sale. It's absolutely amazing. The things I would to own this thing. WOW! I couldn't believe that it was true, so I called and got all the info on it. It is for sale, and it has been fully overhauled, and has all U.S. avionics in it. I will put some info about the ones for sale. The ones for sale are the two seat UB models.

"Pride Aircraft is very pleased to announce the availability of the first and only pair of privately-owned, airworthy Sukhoi Su-27 Flankers in the world. Both are two-seat 'UB' models (NATO Code Flanker-C) with full flight instrumentation and controls in both cockpits.

These aircraft eclipse every other jet warbird in performance, technological sophistication, and "wow-factor." There simply is no comparison with any other aircraft you can own. And they're here in the USA and nearing completion.

Both aircraft have freshly-overhauled (zero-time) airframes with zero-time engines, and have just completed extensive inspections and Westernization by skilled factory technicians. The aircraft have full IFR U.S. instrumentation and avionics, but retain every bit of character, pedigree, and performance they had in foreign military service.
Now, a few words about these aircraft. For quite some time, there have been rumors and whispers about these aircraft. We even released some photos of them as they arrived in the USA. This led to much speculation and incorrect reports by aviation press sources.

The aircraft arrived here in a completely de-militarized condition -- all weapons systems and military-related hardware had been previously removed, in full compliance with U.S. and Ukranian laws.

They were not brought here for any military purpose. They were brought here to be privately-owned and operated -- just like every other jet "warbird" in America. Because of the freedoms we enjoy here (as aircraft enthusiasts and "warbird" owners in the U.S. and elsewhere are keenly aware), private individuals and/or aircraft museums have the opportunity to collect and operate almost any sport aircraft they desire.

The Su-27 Flanker, while at first glance a serious piece of hardware (and it is!), is a 4th Generation fighter. It was designed beginning in 1972, and the first prototype flew in 1977. It entered service over 25 years ago, in the mid-1980s. Its abilities are widely known, and variants of it have participated in numerous U.S. military exercises against F-15s, F-16s, F-14s, and F/A-18s.

However, the new 5th Generation F-22 Raptor, and other aircraft now appearing on the scene, have rendered any discussion of "cutting-edge" fighter technology completely superfluous. It may seem harsh to say it, but because the Su-27 and aircraft of its generation are now becoming sport aircraft (warbirds) in the U.S., this is evidence that that technological improvements in fighter aircraft have continued to advance far beyond what was once considered "high-tech" and "leading edge." This is definitely not an indictment of the lovely Sukhoi Su-27. It is, and will remain, an extraordinary aircraft with superior performance. But it is now available to private individuals precisely because of these rapid advancements. We fly them for sport because we can."
Attachment 32934

Attachment 32933

The SU-27 is often proclaimed the best and most successful
Russian fighter of the Cold War era. Comparable to the
McDonnell-Douglas F-15 Eagle, it’s the ultimate rocket ship.
The good news? You can own one. (Or two!)
Length: 71.9 feet
Wing Span: 48.2 feet
Height: 20.8 feet
Empty Weight: 38,580 lbs.
Normal Takeoff Weight: 52,910 lbs.
Max Takeoff Weight: 67,241 lbs.
Internal Fuel Capacity: 3163 gallons
Max Speed: 1147 Knots / Mach 1.8
Service Ceiling: 57,400 feet
Max G-Load: 9
Range, High Altitude: 1620 nautical miles
Range, Low Altitude: 702 nautical miles
Takeoff Run: 2460 feet
Landing Roll: 2133 feet
Powerplants: 2 x Saturn AL-31F turbojets, with afterburners
Thrust P er E ngine: 27,557 lbs. with afterburner (17, 129 lbs. dry )
Thrust-to-Weight Ratio, Normal Takeoff: 1.04 to 1
Egress System: 2 x K-36DM Series 2 ejection seats, with zero -zero capability
Fully IFR-equipped with U.S. avionics, instruments and cockpit markings

Front Cockpit
(1) GNS-500 - GARMIN GPS moving map MFD
(1) GI -106 - GARMIN course deviation indicator
(1) HUD - HUD OEM heads up display
(1) AOA - AOA OEM angle of attack system
(1) INS - INS OEM inertial navigation system
(1) AUTOPILOT - AUTOPILOT OEM full axis system
(1) VIR_32 - COLLINS VOR/LOC/ILS receiver
(1) KI- 209 - BENDIX/KING course deviation indicator
(2) VHF-22 - COLLINS com transceiver
(1) TDR- 94 - COLLINS mode S transponder
(1) SKY-899 - L3 traffic alert / advisory system
(1) GDL- 69 - GARMIN data link weather
(1) RCU - UNIVERSAL radio control unit
(1) ADI - SFENA 4” inch standby attitude gyro
(1) N301A - NAT Audio panel, intercom
(1) KA-35A - BENDIX/KING marker beacon indicator
(1) ARC- 164 - MAGNOVOX UHF com transceiver
(1) ALTIMETER - AEROSONIC counter / drum altimeter
(1) M877 - DAVTRON clock and timer
Rear Cockpit
(1) HUD - HUD heads up display
(1) AOA - AOA angle of attack system
(1) RCU - UNIVERSAL radio control unit
(1) N301A - NAT Audio panel, intercom
(1) ALTIMETER - AEROSONIC counter / drum altimeter
(1) M877 - DAVTRON clock and timer

"The JC" 09-11-2009 03:37 PM

That's a PJ!! Nice find Hernando. Image flying this near a US Air Base, you'd find some competition I'm sure

ECB 09-11-2009 04:19 PM

Now that is an amazing find!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD.....I`ve never had so many dirty ideas what I would do to own and operate something...

Aah....and then those filthy dreams...Sunday morning..sunrise...practicing the Cobra maneuver :D :D

thanks for the info!
the rep is yours

edit : have to spread some rep first....

Jo_Switzer 09-11-2009 04:29 PM

Seems like more fun than a Mosler, Switzer, and WRENtech combined!? :-(

Chris from Cali 09-11-2009 04:32 PM

How much? I think Gobbles wants to buy one.

Zorro 09-11-2009 04:36 PM

If SuperD had that parked on his driveway you can bet his neighbours wouldn't let their dogs crap on his lawn.

guitom 09-11-2009 04:36 PM

Yes, how much? (He says running out of the house to buy a lottery ticket)

Gobbles 09-11-2009 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali (Post 396376)
How much? I think Gobbles wants to buy one.

Hellz yeah!

Seriously, a fourth gen aircraft such as this for personal use? Unbelievable.
The sheer power and maneuverability....

YouTube - Su27 Sukoi Flanker

ECB 09-11-2009 05:05 PM

that`s what I`m talkin bout....great stuff!

Fuel&Fire 09-11-2009 05:09 PM

That is too Cool!!! Having a Fighter jet as a Toy - How much are they asking for it?