Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

How to supercharge an Aventador?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 02:12 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
theaventadorhuayra is an unknown quantity at this point
How to supercharge an Aventador?

Hello,
a little less than a month, I get my lamborghini aventador,
And although it seems very fast, I wanted more so I'm thinking of modifying the mechanical part.

what I have planned is to get more than a thousand horses, they tell me much about the turbo but I do not really like having lag and reduce the exhaust sound.
I also tilt the engine had to be reliable so that PANKL did pedi pistons, rings, connecting rods, crankshaft, and titanium valves.

after a while I thought of the supercharger, I decided to buy a 5 liter whipple, well the supercharger is anodized blue.
However the problem I have is that I have no idea who may manufacture the intake manifold for the supercharger with intercooler

mainly because everything that is related to them is v8

I'm also thinking of putting two black stripes like the shelby gt500

and also let me know that this is the mansory leather, because I began to love the mansory aventador interior design, just that.

Last edited by theaventadorhuayra; 05-29-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I sort of doubt this works...but good luck

Old 05-29-2013, 05:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
I have a hard time filtering the bs posts from guys who don't speak English as a first language sometimes.

I'm guessing this is a bs post. Who is smart enough to purchase and Aventador, but knows nothing about turbos, superchargers or modding a car. I know it could be legitimate ignorance on those things, but it's 2013. A little research goes a long way. A simple call to Heffner would have an expert explain it. Someone worried about exhaust noise from adding turbos sounds ridiculous.

I only assume this because someone who isn't happy with 700hp and wants more is usually a car guy. What car guy that needs 1000hp doesn't get the basics of boost?

And doing something like trying to add a whippel from a mustang to an Aventador is a terrible idea. Who is going to manufacture the intake? Who is going to do the R&D to make this legitimate and reliable?

If this is a serious thread, I apologize and would say. That's a terrible idea. Call Heffner and have them get you the 1000hp.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
If this is all real, I hope you are not planning doing this yourself or going to some around the corner mechanic shop. Last time I heard you can only use tuners or Mechanics liscensed by Lamborghinim or otherwise your warranty on the engine is null/void.

Though I've haven't heard of anyone Supercharging a Lamb... guess it would be orignal in a sense.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Superchargers can be have traditional intercoolers but not top mounted ones. Short answer to use that specific supercharger you will need to mate the intake manifold of the motor you have with the upper mount of the supercharger while maintaining the intercooler plus all the extra liquid lines. But having been around a few lambo motors in my time I have no idea how you could get any of it to fit underneath the rear bonnet. Its going to stick 12 inches above the tops of the motor at best and 18-24 at worst.

You will have some airflow problems at idle and anything under 1 psi of boost as it will impede the airflow without a relief valve and your looking at a minimum of 10K just for the engine management system minus any sensors. heck I don;t even know how you could get the belt up there to begin with without upsetting the balance of the air coming in as you would have to month the charger near the accessory belts.

Also I call BS.

Last edited by Wearymicrobe; 05-29-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dieter.manero

Though I've haven't heard of anyone Supercharging a Lamb... guess it would be orignal in a sense.
There is a kit for the Gallardo.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Go to UGR, get their TT kit and tell them to leave the resonators out of the exhaust. Its loud enough, trust me!

Besides, the turbo whistle while feathering the gas and maneuvering is awesome... Wont get that on a blower!!

Good luck. Just go to UGR please, they're great.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
theaventadorhuayra is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks,
In telling I think reliability is the old school. using stronger parts in the engine, I thought about the supercharger vf engineering for a while, to see if they could do the intake manifold

Old 05-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yzracer931
There is a kit for the Gallardo.
Yeah, Sorry I meant that I've yet to hear of a kit for the Murc, and aventador.

Personlly I can not see a Supercharger in the Aventador or Murc. The engine bay is already crowded, plus the position of the engine itself.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
domesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond repute
IF you're not trolling us then..... don't try to do that shit yourself (which it sounds like you're trying to do) you are going to grenade your motor and unless money is no object, going to have to commit insurance fraud to recoup your losses lol. Don't waste your time with a supercharger, go with a TT kit from any of the many companies that provide one (Heffner, UGR, Titan, Dallas Performance) to name a few. Save time, money and headaches.

Quick Reply: How to supercharge an Aventador?