Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Gallardo Successor Will Simply, Add Less Models

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Editor
JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Post Gallardo Successor Will Simply, Add Less Models

Gallardo Successor Will Simply, Add Less Models
by John Coyle

Lamborghini’s Gallardo is the most produced car in the storied company’s history, and over the course of its life, we’ve seen a dizzying number of iterations. In addition to options for six-speed manual gearboxes, RWD , and the expected Spyder variants, there are the Superleggera, Spyder Performante, Super Trofeo, and Balboni versions, not to mention models like the Hong Kong 20th Anniversary Edition. The proliferation of Raging Bulls can be partly attributed toward the length of production—which stretches back to 2003—but it also smacks of a hyperactive marketing arm.

To counter any confusion prospective Lamborghini buyers might encounter, Car and Driver is reporting that the Gallardo’s replacement will feature a far more straightforward lineup. One thing which will make purists happy? The popularity of the Valentino Balboni edition, which was fitted with a traditional stick and RWD at the behest of its legendary test driver, means we’ll get a RWD option straight away. But forget about a three-pedal setup. Like Ferrari—who ended offering sticks with the California—Sant’Agata is done with manual transmissions. What do you think about the death of the manual for Lamborghini? Are you mourning, celebrating or neither? Let me know in the comments.

[via Car and Driver]

Last edited by JCoyle; 08-31-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
AxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really nice
This made me happy to hear. I think the Gallardo is a very cool car, but I think Lamborghini was really beating a dead horse with all these special edition Gallardos. The car is becoming like an overplayed song on the radio. I'm looking forward to seeing its successor.

Chris

Old 08-31-2012, 05:05 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Guess what though, one more special edition of the current Gallardo is coming up, I hear it may be the Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale Spyder, try saying that three times fast - just what we need.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
AxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really niceAxerJk is just really nice
Well, I believe it. I guess they're trying to milk the success of the Gallardo as much as they can while it's still in production.

Chris

Old 08-31-2012, 05:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
it's a pretty easy decision to make to produce less model than the current 432 (just saying...) models.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Great to hear but sucks their ditching the manual option

Old 08-31-2012, 06:20 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond repute
Thank goodness. I was getting tired of all the numbers. Keep it simple and beautiful like the 458 italia.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Enrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enoughEnrique will become famous soon enough
All those funy names of diferent versions are only waiting for a Jeremy clarkson version
Shame for the manual gearbox, shure those ones will be apreciated in the future

Old 08-31-2012, 07:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
domesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AxerJk
I think the Gallardo is a very cool car, but I think Lamborghini was really beating a dead horse with all these special edition Gallardos. The car is becoming like an overplayed song on the radio. I'm looking forward to seeing its successor.

Chris
Originally Posted by AxerJk
I guess they're trying to milk the success of the Gallardo as much as they can while it's still in production.

Chris
Their just taking a page right out of Porsche's book Is it a coincidence they're both under the VW group

Old 08-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

Is there a huge price increase for these special editions? I kind of like the multiple special editions from both Lambo and Porsche.

Cheers,
Nik

Quick Reply: Gallardo Successor Will Simply, Add Less Models