Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Aventador or 458

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished road
Aventador or 458

Hi everyone, i just joined the forum. I would like to get your thoughts on the aventador against the Ferrari 458.
I'm looking to pull the trigger on one of these cars in a week or so, to add to my collection. It has been very difficult deciding which to go for.
I love the presence of the aventador, I love the design, and i love the performance stats.
My concerns:
would the aventador drepreciate more than 458, (which would hold better value)?
Would Lambo change the gearbox to DCT in 36 months? ( I heard so many ppl speculate this, and i think it would kill the value)
How long will it be before a facelift?
How useable is the Aventador?
Also, does anyone know if i can get lambo to replace all the plastics inside, and outside(vents, front splitter, rear diffuser etc), with CF?

If i go with the lambo, i will go with all back, orange callipers, and orange contrast stitching, or yellow callipers/stitching.

I would sincerely appreciate all your help, and unbiased thoughts.

Last edited by kato25; 01-02-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:51 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kato25
I'm looking to pull the trigger on one of these cars in a week or so, to add to my collection.
haha,nice one

Old 01-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
GT2 rs

Old 01-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Arent Aventadors like $600k in Canada?
Anyways, go drive both and see for yourself, to hell with resale values, thats for poor people lol

Old 01-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kato25
Hi everyone, i just joined the forum. I would like to get your thoughts on the aventador against the Ferrari 458.
I'm looking to pull the trigger on one of these cars in a week or so, to add to my collection. It has been very difficult deciding which to go for.
I love the presence of the aventador, I love the design, and i love the performance stats.
My concerns:
would the aventador drepreciate more than 458, (which would hold better value)?
Would Lambo change the gearbox to DCT in 36 months? ( I heard so many ppl speculate this, and i think it would kill the value)
How long will it be before a facelift?
How useable is the Aventador?
Also, does anyone know if i can get lambo to replace all the plastics inside, and outside(vents, front splitter, rear diffuser etc), with CF?

If i go with the lambo, i will go with all back, orange calippers, and orange stitching.

I would sincerely appreciate all your help, and unbiased thoughts.
Well you sound like you've at least driven both. Also, compare them to what's already in your collection and see what spot you want to fill. I think the aventador has taken the world by storm now and is proving to be the better italian. As for the clutch, during the release lamborghini brought that up and IIRC the choice for a single rather than a DCT was intentional rather than a set back, so I don't believe they'll be changing it. At least not until the SV or whatnot comes out.

MAcarbon is a great place, they're on the forum and will do any and all the parts. http://www.macarbon.com/

As for resale. Can't help you. Maybe compare current prices for older Murci's and F cars, but your going to take a hit on any car that's not an extreme limited edition.

Originally Posted by ECB
haha,nice one
I'd get the facts before judging. Seriously, look around TS.

Last edited by slord; 01-02-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Most important, pics of you collection!
Well i wouldnt compare those 2 cars, form the moment those 2 arent in the same category. Wait 3 more months to see the 599 replacement and choose then

Old 01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
diskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond repute
There's as many opinions as there are reasons behind them on this subject - price, driving pleasure, practicality, reliability, etc. Everyone else will talk about those, I'm sure.

The bottom line is that you're comparing 2 cars that aren't even in the same category. The 458 is a supercar, the Aventador a ridiculous hypercar.

If you're looking for the best driver's car, then the Ferrari keeps popping up as The Choice for 2011. If you're more interested in showing off, the Lambo is definitely the way to go.

I can't imagine that either would be a disappointment, but they really are two different machines.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Ced
Arent Aventadors like $600k in Canada?
Anyways, go drive both and see for yourself, to hell with resale values, thats for poor people lol
it is about $400k plus in canada. I've driven both. I do care about resale (I'm poor)

Old 01-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by slord
Well you sound like you've at least driven both. Also, compare them to what's already in your collection and see what spot you want to fill. I think the aventador has taken the world by storm now and is proving to be the better italian. As for the clutch, during the release lamborghini brought that up and IIRC the choice for a single rather than a DCT was intentional rather than a set back, so I don't believe they'll be changing it. At least not until the SV or whatnot comes out.

MAcarbon is a great place, they're on the forum and will do any and all the parts. MAcarbon - Carbon Fiber for Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini and More

As for resale. Can't help you. Maybe compare current prices for older Murci's and F cars, but your going to take a hit on any car that's not an extreme limited edition.

I'd get the facts before judging. Seriously, look around TS.
Well said my friend. yes, i have driven both. I do know i would certainly take a hit, but i would appreciate one that would be less (percentage wise). I have compared old lambos and F-cars. Honestly, majority of the lambos took more hit, but i don't know if that would be the same with the aventador, (it is more epic in all aspects).

Old 01-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by ECB
haha,nice one
would you mind explaining your point???

Quick Reply: Aventador or 458