Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Lamborghini "Cabrera LP600-4" Speculation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
EquinoxStradale is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Slick67
Ugh, I HATE the Sesto. I don't give a shit if it is a Lamborghini, it needs to die in a fire.
Well that was harsh...personally I think it's ok, maybe a few tweaks here and there with the overall design (and adding a rear bumper!) it should look fine.

Different strokes for different folks...

Last edited by EquinoxStradale; 01-26-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FerrariWF
I thought someone just made the name "Cabrera" up. Just like they did with the "Jota" before the Aventador was announced as the name.
I'm sure the new model will have more than 580hp. It's going to have to compete with the 458 Scuderia version. 610 is just a guess. I just hope it looks amazing (which it will) and come with a RWD version.

Only very few people even INSIDE the factory knows the new name.....

If you read my answer in #32 you will see this:

"As for the name I promise to post it up as soon as I have some info, like I did with the Aventador.

For now "Cabrera LP600-4" is only a thread title".

Old 01-31-2012, 04:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond reputeMONACO BODYGUARDS™ has a reputation beyond repute
CEO Stephan Winkelmann said that the next iteration of the Gallardo sports car, is expected in “at least two years down the road”

( Source Autocar, January 2012)

Old 03-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
jsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to all
Car and Driver Blog » Lamborghini Gallardo Replacement to Share More with Audi R8, Will “Make Clear Cut” from Current Car

Lamborghini Gallardo Replacement to Share More with Audi R8, Will “Make Clear Cut” from Current Car
March 9, 2012 at 6:12pm by Erik Johnson

The Lamborghini Gallardo has been a smash hit for the company—more than 12,000 have been sold; the next bestseller for the brand is the discontinued Murciélago, at 4099—so it will be key to get its replacement right. We recently spoke with Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winkelmann, and his comments, as well as information gleaned elsewhere, have given us additional hints at what to expect when the car arrives sometime next year.First, Winkelmann stated that the car will make “a clear cut” from the Gallardo, especially visually. “We always say that design is not an evolution but a revolution, and this will be the philosophy of the follow-up to the Gallardo.” We’d guess that the car will take on more of the menacing angularity of the Aventador flagship, although don’t expect it to adopt its sibling’s carbon-fiber-intensive construction. (Winkelmann: “What we have done for Aventador is not necessarily the right thing to do for a different car.”) This will help keep pricing where the merely rich—as opposed to the hyper-wealthy—can afford the car.

The next entry-level Lambo will ride on the VW Group’s modular sports-car architecture (a.k.a. MSS), which also will underpin the next Audi R8, as well as future Porsches. Stephan Reil, head of development at Audi’s Quattro performance subsidiary, tells us that the Gallardo replacement and the next R8 will share 15- to 20-percent more parts than do the current cars.

As for powertrain, the current V-10 is likely to be retained (with more power; it should near 600 horses), and will mate to a dual-clutch automatic transmission. As we reported last fall, there will be no traditional manual.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
i am keeping my gallardo for a while. i didn't like the lp700 after looking at it in person. i doubt the replacement will be a game changer either. lambo is held back by audi with too much compromises to keep costs down.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Teamspeed Member
gvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to behold
Sorry but the MP4-12C is full carbon and cheaper than the current Gallardo, so what are they talking about? Seems foolish not to make it CF after their massive investment and building a whole CF plant onsite.

I've already been told by Lambo that the current V10 will not be used. It could do 600hp, but they need something better to last the full product lifecycle (probably closer to 700 by the end of it).

Old 03-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Retaining the same V10 from the previous Gallardo is a dissapointment to me. According to reviews the engine felt heavy and old already compared to the F430. How then can they hope to compete with the 458?

Personally I think the Gallardo successor faces a much tougher field of competition compared to its predecessor. They have to pull of something amazing if they want to repeat the G's success.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:11 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
^^I agree with that last line Ludas. More quality options out there for potential buyers. They have to hit a homerun with this to keep up their success.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
sub'd

Old 03-13-2012, 12:37 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
Retaining the same V10 from the previous Gallardo is a dissapointment to me. According to reviews the engine felt heavy and old already compared to the F430. How then can they hope to compete with the 458?

Personally I think the Gallardo successor faces a much tougher field of competition compared to its predecessor. They have to pull of something amazing if they want to repeat the G's success.
Agreed 100%, Lambo has to really step up with this one to compete with the likes of the 458 and the new MP4-12C.

Quick Reply: Lamborghini "Cabrera LP600-4" Speculation Thread