Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Murcielago DIY Oil change Tutorial

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Teamspeed Member
gvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to behold
Wow man, the Murci has a weird setup. The oil fill is tiny and in such an awkward place, and the tank drainplug is also weird. On the G you just pull the plug on the sump and the tank and fill through the big tank oil fill tube and presto.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Indeed! But the G's oil filter is more difficult to reach, right? I had read that somewhere.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Member
gvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to beholdgvan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Smoky
Indeed! But the G's oil filter is more difficult to reach, right? I had read that somewhere.
It's right between the Vee of the engine. The filter itself isn't placed awkwardly but it's hard to get your hand in there and there's minimal space to turn a wrench so the strap style filter wrenches are a pain. I used to get around this by wrapping the filter in duct tape for more grip.

Now I have a toothed clamp-style wrench that works much better, though I still use some tape to avoid scratching the filter housing since it's reusable. Another benefit of the Murci I guess since that has a conventional filter whereas the G has a plastic casing and only the internal element gets changed. When a conventional filter is stuck you can force and pry and mangle the hell out of it since you're just going to through it out anyway. In the G you have to be careful with it. One time the filter on my bike was stuck and the only way I could get it off was to ram a screwdriver through it to get more leverage, can't do tht with the G

Old 01-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Yes there is nothing more satisfying than stabbing the filter with a screwdriver when it's being stubborn! Had to do this more than once on past vehicles.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by smoky
yes there is nothing more satisfying than stabbing the filter with a screwdriver when it's being stubborn! Had to do this more than once on past vehicles.
die! Die! Die!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Teamspeed Member
Auctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to allAuctung is a name known to all

Old 03-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Updated with a few pics, and some revised notes and equipment to make things easier.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
this is one of the best threads i have seen in a long time! +rep Smoky

Old 03-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cool, thx! I'm sure there are some booby threads that are WAY better tho!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
If anyone is looking for a good read on oils you can find it here: Welcome. Studying oiling systems in school; there is some great information on the site. I would not hesitate to use Royal Purple, Mobile One or Joe Gibbs oils.

Quick Reply: Murcielago DIY Oil change Tutorial