Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Another UGR TT build, this time it's my car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of lightAtomicZ is a glorious beacon of light
Another UGR TT build, this time it's my car!

Well I did it. I bought a Gallardo and sent it Underground Racing for turbos.

At the October 2009 TX Mile I was parked between Evoms and UGR running my Z-06. I spent the weekend hanging out with the Porsche guys and had a great time. The next month I bought Jamie Carter’s old GT2 and ran 206 at the March 2010 TX Mile.

I also spent a little time admiring Kyle’s orange Gallardo that ran 240 mph at the event. He was kind enough to answer some of our questions about his car. I was just amazed at the craftsmanship of the build and how the car was able to idle and drive around the paddock like a stock car.

Friday of the October 2010 TX Mile I stopped in Houston and completed the acquisition of a white 2007 Gallardo with a proper 6 speed manual. Thanks Raj. I drove it around for a few hours and was surprised at how balanced the car actually felt but I was underwhelmed by the power. The car sounded great above 6000 rpm and that is where it started to come alive but my stock Z-06 would just bury this car.

I had planned on sending the car to UGR at some point. I called Kevin and he told me that an R8 had dropped out and they had an opening available and that I could ship my car the following Monday with Peter Blach’s car. I told him I would leave the car at the dealer and UGR picked it up and off it went.

The engine is going back in the car today and my son and I are flying at to Charlotte on the 10th of January to drive the car and do some final tuning with John Reed. He is hoping to have an E85 tune all sorted out when I get there. This will be the first car they have done with E85 - so there are some things that need to be sorted out.

I opted to do the 1000 whp on pump gas and 1XXX whp on E85. Upgraded axles, MoTec, billet gears and everything done in black ceramic coating.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
lookin good

Old 12-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
You sneaky little bastard! I had no idea you picked this up! Congrats man! Nice to see it's a 6 speed.

Let's set up a photoshoot this Spring when you get it up here.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
lostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond reputelostkoz has a reputation beyond repute
that is awesome! props to you on going the E-85 route. Only down fall will be the gas mileage. But in a 1000whp lambo Im sure thats the least of you'r concerns... enjoy!!!

Old 12-27-2010, 01:07 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome pickup, congrats!

Old 12-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
Going to be insane! Congrats!

Old 12-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
lets see some pics when its all done, are you doing anything to the wheels?

Old 12-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait to see the final product!

Old 12-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
thats awesome, love the fact that is a 6speed. im guessing you will be having it tuned with boost by gear?

Old 12-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet. G's look great in white. Jeez, it sounds like it's gonna be totally badass with TT's. In for the pics. Congrats bud.

Quick Reply: Another UGR TT build, this time it's my car!