Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

The Next Big Thing - Murcielago successor details!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 06:48 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Under 3,300 lbs. with 700 hp. Wow!
seriously, that's one hell of a power to weight ratio.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
This is going to be amazing!! Btw when is fall?? What month?

Old 05-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Information from the Official Teamspeed Insider - D55L
"The presentation of the Murcielago successor to the dealers and VIP customers will take place in July. All official specs and the official name will be revealed in July to the dealers. Official public launch is supposed to happen at Paris auto show this fall.

There are no new rumors about specs, everything being repeated once and again. CF chassis, probably the monocell, think of MP4-12C but a bit different. New direct-injection V12 good for 700 hp or even slightly more with 0-100 km/h rumored to be around 3.0 seconds and top speed around 370 km/h.

Body will feature some style clues from Reventon, but it will be all-new concept with clear Lamborghini DNA. Car will be shorter than current Murcielago Also, traditional scissor doors are sacrificed to low weight, which is rumored to be below 1500 kg, doors will open in a bit different way to the side first and only then go up. New 21" wheels and upgraded Brembo CC brake system.

I think if you go back to my early posts..I SAID it would be shorter and the doors are going bye bye do to weight...but everyone thought I was NUTS!!

Guess we will wait and see.......

Old 05-22-2010, 10:06 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
I think if you go back to my early posts..I SAID it would be shorter and the doors are going bye bye do to weight...but everyone thought I was NUTS!!

Guess we will wait and see.......
I have said that you was the very first to mention these facts, which are hard to accept by many. Personally I have nothing against this new door construction if this could bring weight reduction. Also shorter car is very good for agility. There is only thing I am waiting forward to know the facts about is transmission, while tech specs were decided last fall, there is still no sure information about transmission.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
^^ If Lambo choose not to got with DCT I will be almost as dissapointed as I am about Pagani chosing a shit engine for the Zonda successor. Epic fail!

Old 05-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
shin is on a distinguished roadshin is on a distinguished road
I hope the pricing will really be at Lp640 level and not at Lp670-4's.

However one concern for the new car is if buying one of the first year's production, will there be numerous bugs like the old days.. and I'm a bit concerned about the CF chassis.. Ferrari just recently stated that they are not going the CF route (yet) for their mass production cars, because they still have no idea about the longetivity and durability of CF in the long term...

I recall the problem with BMW Z8's chassis (or was it suspension?) melting down but can't remember whether it was a CF or alumunium problem.. as it was BMW's first car using exotic materials.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Teamspeed Member
Shadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to beholdShadowman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by shin
I hope the pricing will really be at Lp640 level and not at Lp670-4's.

However one concern for the new car is if buying one of the first year's production, will there be numerous bugs like the old days.. and I'm a bit concerned about the CF chassis.. Ferrari just recently stated that they are not going the CF route (yet) for their mass production cars, because they still have no idea about the longetivity and durability of CF in the long term...

I recall the problem with BMW Z8's chassis (or was it suspension?) melting down but can't remember whether it was a CF or alumunium problem.. as it was BMW's first car using exotic materials.

The Z8 is aluminum and there were in a few cases some that became distorted as such secondary bracing was furnishedby BMW.

The only gal that I know of with both a carbon tub and has also had people questioing them over time are the Porsche CGT with the greatest issue being the fact that UV causes the carbon fiber resins to yellow.

A significant draw back to a carbon tub is the ability or better put lack of ability to repair it as it typically becomes a consumable item if any impact related issues and this does not mean a significant accident.

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited by Shadowman; 05-22-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
No scissor doors? wtf.........

Old 05-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
ag02m5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ludas
^^ If Lambo choose not to got with DCT I will be almost as dissapointed as I am about Pagani chosing a shit engine for the Zonda successor. Epic fail!
And DCT means no 3 pedal so I'm sure there are a few who don't find that a bad thing.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
ag02m5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LABrit
No scissor doors? wtf.........
You want to get trapped upside down in a burning car with scissor doors? They look great but I would opt for something like the SLS that can be removed in rollover. I am guessing the new doors will be more safety concious.

Quick Reply: The Next Big Thing - Murcielago successor details!