Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aventador-hurac-n-murcielago-gallardo/)
-   -   Lamborghini Gallardo production comes to a close (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aventador-hurac-n-murcielago-gallardo/81494-lamborghini-gallardo-production-comes-close.html)

DJ 11-25-2013 04:23 PM

Lamborghini Gallardo production comes to a close

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 125183

Lamborghini Gallardo production comes to a close

In the historic factory buildings of Sant'Agata Bolognese, the last Lamborghini Gallardo has left the production line. The final model is a Gallardo LP 570-4 Spyder Performante in Rosso Mars (red) and it is destined for a private collector. With a total of 14,022 units the Gallardo is not only by far the most-built Lamborghini, it ranks among the most successful super sports cars -- and has long since established itself as an icon of Italian design and the art of automotive engineering.

In the historic factory buildings of Sant'Agata Bolognese, the last Lamborghini Gallardo has left the production line. The final model is a Gallardo LP 570-4 Spyder Performante in Rosso Mars (red) and it is destined for a private collector. With a total of 14,022 units the Gallardo is not only by far the most-built Lamborghini, it ranks among the most successful super sports cars -- and has long since established itself as an icon of Italian design and the art of automotive engineering.

With its appearance ten years ago in the year of the company's 40th anniversary, the Gallardo marked a fundamental watershed in the history of Automobili Lamborghini. In Lamborghini's first four decades, an average of just 250 Lamborghinis were built per year. In the decade of the Gallardo, production grew to a whole new dimension with volumes of around 2,000 cars per year on average -- while, in global terms, retaining the highly exclusive nature of vehicles bearing the badge of the bull. In keeping with the Lamborghini tradition, the name of the Gallardo too was derived from the world of bullfighting. Bred in the 18th century, the Gallardo bloodline was known for its exceptional courage and undaunted nature.

In the year of Automobili Lamborghini's 50th anniversary, the Gallardo success story has now come to an end with car number 14,022. Almost half of all 30,000 Lamborghinis built since the company was first founded in 1963, are Gallardos.

Source [Lamborghini]

Attachment 125184

GTCole 11-25-2013 07:11 PM

That color is killer on that model.

St_Ex 11-26-2013 07:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, exactly! I have saw a red LP570-5 few years back and it was great!

Attachment 125185

zeeshan66 11-28-2013 06:10 PM

that diablo in the background gets me way more excited

quickZohsix 11-29-2013 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by zeeshan66 (Post 1447372)
that diablo in the background gets me way more excited

Me too

VKING 11-29-2013 08:38 PM

Love the the G!..I just hope the replacement is just as good or better!

ADV.1 Wheels 12-01-2013 05:28 AM

Love the Gallardo. Can't wait to see the replacement! The renders have me excited.

St_Ex 12-01-2013 06:43 PM

Yeah, the renders are amazing. I wish that the new car will be as close as it is possible to this renders!

Dblcrwn 01-03-2014 11:13 PM

the Lambo is an awesome car