Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aventador-hurac-n-murcielago-gallardo/)
-   -   No more Lambo's for me (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aventador-hurac-n-murcielago-gallardo/55976-no-more-lambos-me.html)

Mike S 03-08-2011 07:06 AM

No more Lambo's for me

Just got word from my dealer that the local price for the Aventador is $787,000USD before options. They are also adding ANOTHER 5%-25% luxury vehicle tax next month. I love my country...

I think I need to buy a house in France and collect cars there :lol:

A3aan 03-08-2011 07:09 AM

What, even 50k more than here.. That's nuts!

MONACO BODYGUARDS™ 03-08-2011 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mike S (Post 890133)
Just got word from my dealer that the local price for the Aventador is $787,000USD before options. They are also adding ANOTHER 5%-25% luxury vehicle tax next month. I love my country...

I think I need to buy a house in France and collect cars there :lol:

Stop crying and just be happy that you don't live in Denmark....

I paid almost $1.200.000 USD for my Murcielago... and I am just a POOR
bodyguard....YOU are rich :friendlykick:

I would be happy though if you bought a house nearby Monaco my friend... :thumbup:

MeanMachine 03-08-2011 07:20 AM

Dont get an Aventador you've got a Murcielago, get something like the Huayra Pagani or a Veyron.

Do get a car and keep it stored in Europe for vacation, I know you frequently pass the south of france right ?

What I hate about having cars abroad is to find that the battery has died, do the insurance again and check tyres, service and etc. Its a hassle but its worth it if your getting a Supercar instead of a C320 in my case lol

Alex12de 03-08-2011 07:31 AM

Good decision, now you have it clear buy a Pagani.
I think a house in France would be what you need, i mean you pay more in taxes than the actual price of the car...

Mike S 03-08-2011 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by MONACO BODYGUARDS™ (Post 890142)
Stop crying and just be happy that you don't live in Denmark....

I paid almost $1.200.000 USD for my Murcielago... and I am just a POOR
bodyguard....YOU are rich :friendlykick:

I would be happy though if you bought a house nearby Monaco my friend... :thumbup:

I suppose, we're not too far off at this rate ;) After the tax It would be just under a million US dollars before options.

Originally Posted by MeanMachine (Post 890144)
Dont get an Aventador you've got a Murcielago, get something like the Huayra Pagani or a Veyron.

Do get a car and keep it stored in Europe for vacation, I know you frequently pass the south of france right ?

What I hate about having cars abroad is to find that the battery has died, do the insurance again and check tyres, service and etc. Its a hassle but its worth it if your getting a Supercar instead of a C320 in my case lol

Yes, visit between St Tropez, Caines and Monaco quite frequently.

Originally Posted by Alex12de (Post 890152)
Good decision, now you have it clear buy a Pagani.
I think a house in France would be what you need, i mean you pay more in taxes than the actual price of the car...

I'm actually leaning toward the new Agera :oh2: By the time I'm in the market for one. I don't want a used one nor do I want to pay the premium now that it's out of production. The Huayra is aesthetically unpleasing for me.

MeanMachine 03-08-2011 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mike S (Post 890157)
I suppose, we're not too far off at this rate ;) After the tax It would be just under a million US dollars before options.

Yes, visit between St Tropez, Caines and Monaco quite frequently.

I'm actually leaning toward the new Agera :oh2: By the time I'm in the market for one. I don't want a used one nor do I want to pay the premium now that it's out of production. The Huayra is aesthetically unpleasing for me.

Nice, good locations. Get something more low key, alongside the "hypercar".

GrayTT 03-08-2011 07:43 AM

Mike, what is this "tax" you talk about??

MONACO BODYGUARDS™ 03-08-2011 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by GrayTT (Post 890160)
Mike, what is this "tax" you talk about??

I think it is some sort of luxery tax. That is what they call it in Denmark, 180 %.

sinan 03-08-2011 07:47 AM

Yes I agree with Mo, don't get an Aventador. You already got a LP640.

If you want another Lambo, I'd say get rid of your LP640 and go for a 670SV. Much more exclusive and it's the last one of the breed. And the engine just sounds so gooooooooooooooood :)

A K'egg wouldn't be to shabby either I guess, but what do I know. Just an opinion from an enthusiast, who can't afford his own supercar.......yet ;)