Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aventador-hurac-n-murcielago-gallardo/)
-   -   Heard today that the Valentino Balboni Gallardo production (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aventador-hurac-n-murcielago-gallardo/36788-heard-today-valentino-balboni-gallardo-production.html)

Erny 02-14-2010 09:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
thanks Barrister
only 100 woldwide?:(
i now there are more than 10 cars in germany
forsale on Mobile.de 5 in CH and 3 in AT

vtgts300kw 02-14-2010 09:18 AM

Damn, i knew i should have been a photographer.

TommyJames 02-14-2010 09:26 AM

The problem is that Lamborghini chased what was really a false demand. There are lots of people who say they would or would not buy a Lamborghini if only they would change something. The reality is that most who were screaming for RWD, were not ever going to be Lamborghini owners in the first place. The manufacturers have a hard time separating what is and isn't a real buyer.

This is no different than the claims by Lexus that the LFA "enthusiasm" is high, when in fact we still can't find a single actual US buyer on the bogs. Because of my experience with my LP640, I'd never opt for RWD. Sure, they will sell some, but not nearly as many as the noise would suggest.

TommyJames 02-14-2010 09:27 AM

They are still producing both LP640 coups and roadsters.

D55L 02-14-2010 10:12 AM

Yes, total amount of Balboni Gs produced is less than 100 units, that is as for end of 2009. I would agree with Tommy, there were screams - give us RWD, give us RWD, coming from Lambo enthusiasts, not buyers, that is one problem, other problem is price tag, if they want to sell this car it should priced lower than LP560-4, not loaded and pricier than base LP560-4.

Auctung 02-14-2010 02:25 PM

I think it comes down to alot of Gallardo owners are posers.
I said "alot" not all, so spare me your angry posts G owners.
They want their AWD and nancy e gear, give them something that takes some balls and skill to drive, RWD and a manual and they dont show up to buy any. The posers whos ass kissing fell short with the Ferrari dealers just went over and got Gallardos, they want the badge to show off, they dont care about the driving experience :(

ExO 02-15-2010 03:20 PM

Agree with Tommy and Auctung.

I don't know how it is in USA but here in Europe (I'm in France) lot of Gallardos are driven by young rich people, mostly unexperienced, while Murcielagos are driven by carzy enthusiasts.

For example, a guy first bought a Murcielago 580, then bought with a friend a LP640. He finds the LP640 not extreme enough. He did some buisness with his 580 and now has 195.000 km on the mileage.

As far as I know not a lot of Gallardos have come to that mileage.
I had discutions with some Gallardo owners. Half of them were arrogant, agressive, not to say rude, and only came to the meetings to show off. I only saw 2 guys driving them who are crazy fanatics, nearly Lamborghini Talibans.

The thing is (like Tommy said) that many enthusiats, and lot of press magazine were saying year after year "Please Lambo do some RWD !" but these guys are only taking one ride on these cars, and don't imagine having those cars as daily drives and generally don't know what kind of people buy those cars, since only fanatics give them their cars for one day ...
So I think Lambo followed press advice, fanatics advice, but not real buyers advice.

U-Boat Commander 02-15-2010 03:32 PM

^ Lambos rock. Quit complaining.

ExO 02-15-2010 03:44 PM

Lambos have great styling, and that V12 is an organic machine it's just ... wow ...
I often get to see a LP640 in the street not far away from where I leave and it's crazy. But I don't have that emotion when coming near a Gallardo.

Lamborghini had a great image in Europe when they weren't mainstream cars. Diablo, Murcielago 580 were nearly unknown by non-enthuisats. Since the Gallardo came out, Lamborghinis are often seen as footballer/rapper/poser cars in Europe, and it's a shame because I see them as part of the greatest cars out there ...

Shadowman 02-15-2010 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by TommyJames (Post 525113)
The problem is that Lamborghini chased what was really a false demand. There are lots of people who say they would or would not buy a Lamborghini if only they would change something. The reality is that most who were screaming for RWD, were not ever going to be Lamborghini owners in the first place. The manufacturers have a hard time separating what is and isn't a real buyer.

This is no different than the claims by Lexus that the LFA "enthusiasm" is high, when in fact we still can't find a single actual US buyer on the bogs. Because of my experience with my LP640, I'd never opt for RWD. Sure, they will sell some, but not nearly as many as the noise would suggest.

Speaking of the "LFA"; we know a person that went to the invite by Lexus and he said that after the event he was prepared to purchase however they had "no" car to sell at that time and it is a "lease" only agreement.

I share this based on what I was told

Takes care

Shadowman