Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Pic of Reventon Roadster roof construction

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 01:57 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyatth
^ Really? I heard otherwise. The SV cars aren't even sold out.
Reventons were sold out very fast, it is not important now to whom - final customers or speculants, for the factory they were all sold out. Situation with Reventon Roadster is even better despite the crisis - many cars go to the wealthy places where flipping historically was not developed, like Singapore, this means more customers, less flippers. Situation with SV is very good despite the crisis and half million price tag - 330 cars are already produced or are production, perfect result for this tough time. So the Lamborghini got the planned cash amount in and now is working for the future, and from what I have heard future Lambo will be different and really something.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
Let me disagree with you, the Murcielago Roadster, especially in LP640 form was great supercar together with its only competitor Zonda Roadster. The Reventon would be perfect with its specs, but the CF removable top panel was a must.

But the removable roof construction is an epic fail, I really see no reason why Lambo decided to make this roof so fugly and so not practical, why not to spend some more money and to make CF removable panel which will give the Roadster perfect usability and perfect looks with top up.
I'm with ya D55L, No way were these spectacular cars fails, only the roofs on them were fails

Old 12-02-2009, 03:19 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
scramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished road
Let's see, these are some of the comments from some of the posters so
far:

... It is same old soft removable top as on every Murciealgo and Murcielago LP640 Roadster from the launch. It is awful that for more than €1M the car is equipped with the same old fugly roof construction, ...

The Murcielago Roadster is one of the biggest car fails of the decade. Right behind the Reventon itself.

Re: Reventon Roadster's top - Lol, that's why we haven't seen any of it untill now. Understandably Lambo has been trying to hide this

... the removable roof construction is an epic fail, I really see no reason why Lambo decided to make this roof so fugly and so not practical, why not to spend some more money and to make CF removable panel which will give the Roadster perfect usability and perfect looks with top up.

... 640 Roadster was a fine car, but the roof was still a load of crap.

Guys!

Do you remember the original Murcielago concept for the open version and
what it was?

It was a BARCHETTA !

The car WAS NOT DESIGNED FOR A TOP !

ie: as in NO TOP - NADA! - ZIP! - NONE - NOT HERE !!

People wanted the gorgeous Murcielago Barchetta Concept at the
2003 NAIAS so badly, because it was so beautiful, they didn't care!
Lamborghini felt that they needed something in case it rained, something
to at least tide them over to get the car under cover or home, and the
top you know was born. But let it be known that the car at one point
was not going to have a top.

It is not a failure. They are not hiding anything. There have been great
sports cars in the past with no top. People just drive them knowing there
is no top. Nobody complains ! If Lamborghini had just kept the name
barchetta and delivered the production model without a top, nobody
would be complaining about the top because there wouldn't be one!
So much for trying to cover your customers when it rains!

Just consider your gorgeous Murci Roadster a barchetta if it bothers
you and leave the top in the boot. Drive it accordingly.

Why am I the only one who remember this!

Old 12-02-2009, 03:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Because at $400K, I want a friggin' roof when I need it. Every other exotic these days can manage that.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:37 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
I am with wyatth on the roof question. Yes, I remember that Murcielago Roadster was launched as barchetta concept back in 2003, but this is not the matter for Lamborghini to make that fugly roof, not investing some money to develop CF removable top, like Pagani did for Zonda F Roadster, because I more than sure that many wants Murcielago Roadster to be enjoyable not only with top down, but with top up also. Speaking about Reventon Roadster it is hideous even to think about putting such top on that piece of automotive art, there were rumors back in summer that new CF removable panel will be launched on the Reventon Roadster and it will be available at extra cost to all Murcielago and LP640 Roadsters. Sad to assume that it was only rumor.

With all that said I love how Reventon is styled and if the customers were ok to purchase a car like they are financing Lambo developing future models than it is a commercial success for Lamborghini.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
scramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished roadscramjet is on a distinguished road
OK, we'll do this again.

Gents, the Murcielago Barchetta was DESIGNED WITHOUT a roof
as a show or concept car.

That means it was not intended to have one.

In other words, the look of the car (most importantly) was optimized
for NO ROOF!

And there is no room for one.

Lamborghini is saying that to add a good looking roof means it is a
different car.

All of the added roofs on the car do not look good (my opinion),
and there have been at least several.

The Pagani Roadster was designed to have one, from the start.

That is a BIG difference.

If you want a good looking roof, then this is not your car.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Now nobody will reply because of my agressive tone.

Sorry for my agressive tone!

I also had hopes that Lambo was going to come up with something special
for the Reventon Roadster when I saw that wing across the wings on the
back of the car. When I saw photos of that wing, I thought, hmmm, a
possible roof anchor point! I guess it wasn't.

Let's just say, that they haven't found a good looking solution yet,
or, we can also say, that nobody else has (my opinion). If you like
your custome top solution on your Murci Roadster, then that's cool!

Where am I coming from on this? In 2005 I was at the Lambo plant
in Sant'Agata and my son and I were granted some time with Luc Donckerwolke, the designer of the Murcielago Barchetta and Murcielago
Roadster.

I asked Luc about the top situation. My response to you guys is essentially
what he told me (minus the agressive tone). I remember his first comment:
"The car was designed for no top!". So let's just say up to now, no proposal
to fix the look of the top, has been able to preserve the beauty of the
car in its natural state (ie: no top).

Sorry again for the agressive tone.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
^^ As i said earlier in the thread, hard removable roofs are available.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:40 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
gt2urbo is on a distinguished roadgt2urbo is on a distinguished roadgt2urbo is on a distinguished roadgt2urbo is on a distinguished roadgt2urbo is on a distinguished roadgt2urbo is on a distinguished road
any pics of the hardtop conv from australia?