Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aventador-hurac-n-murcielago-gallardo/)
-   -   Lamborghini Murcielago Successor Delayed Until 2012 - report (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aventador-hurac-n-murcielago-gallardo/24152-lamborghini-murcielago-successor-delayed-until-2012-report.html)

DJ 06-03-2009 08:51 AM

Lamborghini Murcielago Successor Delayed Until 2012 - report

According to a recent report, Lamborghini's upcoming Murcielago replacement has been delayed until 2012.
While the reasons for the delay are still unclear, Auto Motor und Sport is reporting that the new Lambo will adopt an advanced aluminum chassis which will likely be based off the Audi R8's aluminum space frame. Elsewhere, the new model will also feature extensive carbon fiber body work which should help to maximize the car's lightweight diet.
The Murci's all-wheel drive system and mid-engine setup is expected to carry over, while power will be provided by an updated 6.5-liter V12 engine with 675 horsepower.
Although we can't say what the new supercar will look like, the report indicates the new Lambo will feature a shorter front overhang and a wheelbase similar to the outgoing Murcielago.

D55L 06-03-2009 09:06 AM

I really doubt Lambo will leave old V12 in the new car and that they will use R8 platform. There were some reports claiming that new CF tub is sitting at the factory and that something extraordinary next generaition is being developed there.

But whatever this car will be, it will be amazing. I am looking further to see more facts about this car appearing.

Alzilla 06-03-2009 09:50 AM

I hope the replacement gets a bespoke CF chassis. All of the other cars in its class use a lot more CF parts than the Lambo so hopefully the replacement will pick up the slack.

Hernando 06-03-2009 10:32 AM

Can't wait till 2012 to see it. I hope they don't lose the scissor doors.

Ludas 06-03-2009 12:49 PM

If they use the an upgraded version of the same V12 it will be a huge dissapointment for me. Wasn't the Murci's V12 just an upgraded version of the last Diablo V12?

D55L 06-03-2009 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ludas (Post 333352)
If they use the an upgraded version of the same V12 it will be a huge dissapointment for me. Wasn't the Murci's V12 just an upgraded version of the last Diablo V12?

This V12 is used on Lambos since 1963 when the Bizzarini design powered their first Lambo, since that time this engine grew from 3.5 litres and 270 bhp to 6.5 litres and 661 bhp.

This engine is epic, but I would love to see new really next generation V12 engine.

Ludas 06-04-2009 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by D55L (Post 333380)
This V12 is used on Lambos since 1963 when the Bizzarini design powered their first Lambo, since that time this engine grew from 3.5 litres and 270 bhp to 6.5 litres and 661 bhp.

This engine is epic, but I would love to see new really next generation V12 engine.

Ok thanks for the info.
Yea I agree it's legendary but it's not timeless. I also hope they would develope an entirely new top of the line V12 that would follow the new light-weight philosophy from Lambo. Weight is the biggest edge Ferrari has against Lambo today if you ask me.