Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aventador-hurac-n-murcielago-gallardo/)
-   -   Interesting site about Lamborghinis (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aventador-hurac-n-murcielago-gallardo/14353-interesting-site-about-lamborghinis.html)

Ced 12-01-2008 09:55 PM

Interesting site about Lamborghinis

Lamborghini Murcielago Crash

These cars are problematic.:thumbdown:

ZAMIRZ 12-01-2008 09:57 PM

If you read it on the internet, it must be true.

Mike S 12-01-2008 11:48 PM

That site is old news, and the guy is a tool. I saw that site before I got my Murci and it didn't deter me from getting one either. Shit happens, move on and get another car.
How he twists the stories is also far fetched - suddenly the car for no reason turns right and the guy goes through some house.... driver was speeding around a bend and lost traction. I wish he would shut up and get on with life already.

Ced 12-02-2008 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mike S (Post 186033)
That site is old news, and the guy is a tool. I saw that site before I got my Murci and it didn't deter me from getting one either. Shit happens, move on and get another car.
How he twists the stories is also far fetched - suddenly the car for no reason turns right and the guy goes through some house.... driver was speeding around a bend and lost traction. I wish he would shut up and get on with life already.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Redlinerobert 12-02-2008 12:07 AM

That site is pathetic. The cars are not problematic. The problem is usually the driver. My 2005 Murcielago saw close to 10,000 miles on the odo before I sold it. Never had a single issue with the car. I know of several owners that have had similar experiences with theirs.

Ced 12-02-2008 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Redlinerobert (Post 186047)
That site is pathetic. The cars are not problematic. The problem is usually the driver. My 2005 Murcielago saw close to 10,000 miles on the odo before I sold it. Never had a single issue with the car. I know of several owners that have had similar experiences with theirs.

10K miles is kinda low. :lol:
You may be right about the driver part, guys like Jay Leno for instance, who has 70K miles on his Countach said the same, guys dont properly let these cars warm up etc.. etc...

UK's EVO magazine orange Murci tester has 100K+ miles and still going. Their LP640 has 37K if i remember correctly. And none of them really had anything major go wrong.

MTK would tell you a different story with his though.

Redlinerobert 12-02-2008 12:23 PM

MTK's car had several hundred miles on it from a previous owner. I bought my car new. The problem with buying used cars is obvious. Also his car was an '02, I understand they had some issues that were sorted out on subsequent cars.

Mike S 12-02-2008 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Redlinerobert (Post 186307)
MTK's car had several hundred miles on it from a previous owner. I bought my car new. The problem with buying used cars is obvious. Also his car was an '02, I understand they had some issues that were sorted out on subsequent cars.

Also you don't know how well/bad the previous owner looked after the car.

ATL 12-02-2008 01:03 PM

Interesting site. So what's more reliable, a Murcielago or a Gallardo?

Tommy6030 12-02-2008 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche (Post 186336)
Interesting site. So what's more reliable, a Murcielago or a Gallardo?

Gallardo